Author Topic: 2000 Concours C10 for sale  (Read 3223 times)

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
2000 Concours C10 for sale
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:16:32 PM »
2000 Kawasaki Concours with 58,000 miles.  Factory Red color    $3600
Extremely well farkled, meticulously maintained, and recently refurbished.
Owned by older fellow (me!) since it had 18000 miles in April, 2011. 
Never abused, never dropped, never hydrolocked, never overheated, never redlined. 
A few small scrapes and scratches, but nothing worse.  Very nice condition overall.  Dependable.

CAN DELIVER ANYWHERE FOR ACTUAL EXPENSES

Details in next post...then some photos.

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

• Arena
Re: 2000 Concours C10 for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 01:19:29 PM »
Farkles (permanent)

1) SPOOFAK  This is the Spin On Oil Filter Adapter Kit from Bergmen Engineering.  Possibly the best modification that can be made to a C10, this adapter kit gets rid of the 1960s-tech SMALL internal oil filter and now uses an external automotive filter.  This is better since
i) it increases the oil capacity a little;
ii) a modern auto filter is much bigger and better than the pleated paper cartridge;
iii) the oil change is now easier and cleaner;
iv) the oil filters are now much cheaper and easier to find.
2) Shorai LiFePO4 Battery.  State of the art technology.
3) Manual Fuel Petcock.  Sure, you have to remember to turn it off and on, but it will NOT leak.
4) Fork Drain Plugs.  Home made, but they look factory.  Allows the fork oil to be changed without disassembling the whole front end (or inverting the bike I suppose...).
5) TCro Shifter Kit.  Makes for smoother, more positive shifts.  VERY beefy.
6) Fork Spring Improvement.  Installed some large washers to shim up the stock fork springs. Makes the ride quite a bit firmer, as does the 15W fork oil.  Rides and handles much better.
7) Block Off Plates (on cam cover; removed the reed valves and CA emissions can too.  That stuff comes with the bike)
8) Ninja 250 Overflow Tank, relocated from the front of the fairing to under the right side cover.
9) 220 Ohm Resistor, in gas gauge circuit to make the gauge (more) accurate. 

Refurbishing and Overhaul.  All done within the last month except where noted
1) New hoses and O Rings throughout, as well as external oil seals
2) NEW WATER PUMP replaced.  It leaked oil, so out it came.  Of course, new coolant
3) Clutch and Brake Fluid Replaced (the stuff is hydrophyllic!!)
4) New Front (May 2013) and Rear Wheel Bearings
5) New Front (May 2013)  and Rear Brake Pads
6) Rear Drive Oil Replaced
7) New Front Tire (May 2013)
8) New Rear Tire
9) New Clutch Plates (February 2013).  I don't know why the clutch slipped a couple of times on me, but once it did, I ordered new friction plates and springs and replaced them.  Plates still looked and measured good, and springs were within the factory specs.   
Complete maintenance records from April 2011.  Meticulously maintained in every way.  Always had Rotella T6 synthetic and synthetic in the rear drive too. 

Farkles (Removable)
1) PIAA 1100 Driving Lights.  The standard for visibility (on ugly homemade brackets).
2) KB Fork Brace, part of the reason this bike handles well.  Essential.
3) Tall, tinted windshield (I forget the brand, but a good one).  PLUS the OEM windshield.
4) Lucite Headlight Protector, since the headlight is so expensive!
5) Handlebar Risers, an essential addition IMO
6) Knee Savers (footpeg lowering brackets), also essential for long distance riding
7) Corbin Seat.  Very flat and comfortable.  PLUS the OEM seat.
8) Stick Coils, for stronger and more reliable ignition.  PLUS the OEM coils.
9) Auxiliary Fuse Box and 12V Cigar Lighter Power Outlet
10) Tank Bra, the usual black vinyl
11) Night Light, a small LED mounted on left fairing glove box cover
12) Shorty Levers, adjustable reach clutch and brake levers (Chinese) that work great.  PLUS the OEM levers.
13) Rear Rack and GIVI 46 Litre Top Box.  The best.  PLUS the OEM rear rack, tail cover, and hardware.

I have outfitted this fine machine for long distance duty, and the recent overhaul makes this more like a NEW BIKE than the miles would suggest.  Needs nothing to go across country (again).  I will happily adjust the valves and change the oil for the new owner.  Everything else has been done already! 

I am listing the Red Sled here complete, hoping somebody appreciates the care (and MONEY!!) that went into the collecting and assembling of all of the goodies, and want to buy the whole enchilada. 

After a while, if nobody buys the whole thing, I will start pulling the Removable Farkles and will list them separately.  If the farkles are calling your name, send me a PM (NOT in the thread, OK??) to register your interest.  If and when I decide to start pulling the farkles, that will establish a waiting list order for each item.  But I would very much prefer to sell the machine to somebody who will appreciate it the way it is.  Almost the perfect C10 and certainly much improved over the stock setup.

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 01:31:16 PM »
https://picasaweb.google.com/datsaxman/C10Datsaxman?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOKRh9H97bGsYQ&feat=directlink

That should be a link to the Picasa album.  12 photos.  More if you want 'em.

saxman
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »
Link not working for me.

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »
Link not working for me.
You have to create or have a Picasa log in then click on the link. If you have  gmail that email and password  will work
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 01:48:14 AM »
Thanks both of you.  I didn't know about needing a Picasa password.
Easy enough and free, right?

saxman
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 11:24:53 AM »
Saw TWO C10s out on the road in Oregon and Washington this week...
so it is NOT too late in the year to get out on a shiny New-To-You C10
and get some high quality miles in.  Just sayin.

saxman
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 12:01:20 AM »
Well, the "removable" stuff is coming off and will be listed separately in the coming days. 

PRICE REDUCED TO $3000

Here is the latest status...

Farkles (permanent)

1) SPOOFAK  This is the Spin On Oil Filter Adapter Kit from Bergmen Engineering.  Possibly the best modification that can be made to a C10, this adapter kit gets rid of the 1960s-tech SMALL internal oil filter and now uses an external automotive filter.  This is better since
i) it increases the oil capacity a little;
ii) a modern auto filter is much bigger and better than the pleated paper cartridge;
iii) the oil change is now easier and cleaner;
iv) the oil filters are now much cheaper and easier to find.
2) Shorai LiFePO4 Battery.  State of the art technology.
3) Manual Fuel Petcock.  Sure, you have to remember to turn it off and on, but it will NOT leak.
4) Fork Drain Plugs.  Home made, but they look factory.  Allows the fork oil to be changed without disassembling the whole front end (or inverting the bike I suppose...).
5) TCro Shifter Kit.  Makes for smoother, more positive shifts.  VERY beefy.
6) Fork Spring Improvement.  Installed some large washers to shim up the stock fork springs. Makes the ride quite a bit firmer, as does the 15W fork oil.  Rides and handles much better.
7) Block Off Plates (on cam cover; removed the reed valves and CA emissions can too.  That stuff comes with the bike)
8) Ninja 250 Overflow Tank, relocated from the front of the fairing to under the right side cover.
9) 220 Ohm Resistor, in gas gauge circuit to make the gauge (more) accurate.

Refurbishing and Overhaul.  All done within the last month except where noted
1) New hoses and O Rings throughout, as well as external oil seals
2) NEW WATER PUMP replaced.  It leaked oil, so out it came.  Of course, all new MC coolant added
3) Clutch and Brake Fluid Replaced (the stuff is hydrophyllic!!)
4) New Front (May 2013) and Rear Wheel Bearings
5) New Front (May 2013)  and Rear Brake Pads
6) Rear Drive Oil Replaced
7a) New Front Tire (May 2013)
7b) New Steel Valve Stem (May 2013) The rubber guys make me nervous...
8) New Rear Tire
9) New Clutch Plates (February 2013).  I don't know why the clutch slipped a couple of times on me, but once it did, I ordered new friction plates and springs and replaced them.  Plates still looked and measured good, and springs were within the factory specs.   
Complete maintenance records from April 2011.  Meticulously maintained in every way.  Always had Rotella T6 synthetic and synthetic gear goop in the rear drive too.

Farkles (Removable)
1) removed
2) removed
3) removed
4) Lucite Headlight Protector, since the headlight is so expensive!
5) removed
6) removed
7) removed
8) Stick Coils, for stronger and more reliable ignition.  PLUS the OEM coils.
9) removed
10) removed
11) removed
12) Shorty Levers, adjustable reach clutch and brake levers (Chinese) that work great.  PLUS the OEM levers.
13) removed

I have outfitted this fine machine for long distance duty, and the recent overhaul makes this more like a NEW BIKE than the miles would suggest.  Needs nothing to go across country (again).  I will happily adjust the valves and change the oil for the new owner.  Everything else has been done already! 
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!