Author Topic: Coolant Reservoir Routing  (Read 2292 times)

Offline RapidRoy

Coolant Reservoir Routing
« on: May 21, 2011, 03:00:39 AM »
Anyone have any diagrams or pics of the proper routing for the coolant reservoir hose (from radiator cap to tank). Somehow in the process of changing the fork oil, installing a new front tire, and installing stick coils it got shifted on to an exhaust pipe and melted. I saw the smoke and thought it was some fork oil burning off. Before I realized what it was, the tube was toast. :( Now I need to replace it.

Thanks in advance.
'99 C-10

Offline throb

Re: Coolant Reservoir Routing
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 04:23:52 AM »
I'll be taking my side panels off later this morning.  If no one else posts anything in the interim, I'll snap a few pics for you.
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline throb

Re: Coolant Reservoir Routing
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 04:27:35 AM »
http://rantthisspace.com/connietech/01_general_info/

Sorry Rapid, but things didn't go quite as planned yesterday, thus no pic.  But at least we didn't have our predicted apocalypse!   :o

If you didn't get the routing figured out, click the link above and it should take you to an online factory manual.  The page you are looking for is #13, it shows the overflow tube routing.
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.