Author Topic: Saddleman Seat anyone seen one? Or have one?  (Read 3100 times)

Offline tyler1015

Saddleman Seat anyone seen one? Or have one?
« on: May 11, 2012, 06:47:47 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=zg1400+seat&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I can't find a pic of one even on their website. Anyone seen one? Have one? I have a sargent low and want to get a normal height gel seat. Since the Baldwind seats didnt sit well with the woman. She loves the sargent, but I dont like my knees crunched.

Offline So Cal Joe

Re: Saddleman Seat anyone seen one? Or have one?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:59:22 PM »
There are 3 different ones for the Concours, pictures on the Internet do not show then on the concours, One shows just a seat with buttons on it, another one shows a seat on a Honda ST1300, which is totally different and the third one shows a seat on a Harley Ultra. But I have one that is model K08-13-0291RS. It is on e-bay buy does not have the buttons, which I think is best. Since I don't carry a passenger I can not speak for the comfort on the rear of the seat but it is padded quite well. The front is kind of hard but I think it will break in good. I have only been on 2 rides with it so far. Also the seat does NOT come with any hardware, the hooks on the bottom or the metal piece at the rear that locks it to the bike.
This is the underneath of the seat, (no hardware)

And this is the seat

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline r2t2

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »
SCJ... A couple of questions. Does the seat slope forward or is it flat/slightly raised in the front? How wide/long is the rider's part? How's the fir on the bike? I'm assuming you used the h/w from the OEM seat. I have a Sargent and I'm finding that it becomes uncomfortable after about an hour plus.
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »
I don't have many miles on it but I can tell you this, the seat does not slide you forward, it is a little lower than stock but not considered a low seat, so far it is comfortable, it could use a little more padding but it's the best seat I have had.  A lot of riders like a hard seat, thats why the Corbin is so popular, I loved the seat on my Gold Wing and that was on the soft side. The dimensions are, 13" from front to rear part of driver seat, 10" wide at front and 15" wide at rear of driver seat. The passenger part is really comfortable, I don't ride 2 up but I sat on it and it feels great. It is a little higher than the stock passenger seat I think. I  did have to use the hardware from the stock seat.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline r2t2

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:48:07 PM »
Thanks for the info Joe... Keep us posted on how it is working for you... Now go for a LONG ride!  :D
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i