Author Topic: New Bike Dealer prep.... What should I have expected?  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Beamer

Re: New Bike Dealer prep.... What should I have expected?
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 10:01:08 AM »
Well, some of you might find this interesting.

My wife just started a new job working for a company that does warehousing / distributing for the power-sports industry (amongst many others). They are a "over-flow" for the manufacturers to the dealer network. A dealer can call the manufacturer, the manufacturer will inventory their units at this company, and will call them and have them deliver directly to the dealer.

As part of their "value-added" services they will actually un-crate, assemble, and deliver direct to the dealer. Since they service just about all the companies (Arctic Cat, Polaris, Honda, Kawi, Yamaha, etc......) something tells me they aren't all "factory trained"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 10:42:13 AM »
Well, some of you might find this interesting.

My wife just started a new job working for a company that does warehousing / distributing for the power-sports industry (amongst many others). They are a "over-flow" for the manufacturers to the dealer network. A dealer can call the manufacturer, the manufacturer will inventory their units at this company, and will call them and have them deliver directly to the dealer.

As part of their "value-added" services they will actually un-crate, assemble, and deliver direct to the dealer. Since they service just about all the companies (Arctic Cat, Polaris, Honda, Kawi, Yamaha, etc......) something tells me they aren't all "factory trained"

Lovely...

Maybe these are the guys installing the batteries in our C-14s?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »
zero miles on my bike. I had to wait about 1 hr to ride it home after the purchase so they could charge the battery. I did check the sight gauge to make sure there was oil in it.

Offline Beamer

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 11:14:10 AM »
Lovely...

Maybe these are the guys installing the batteries in our C-14s?

Or Super-Glueing the glove box doors on

Offline accbiker

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 07:08:17 AM »
My 2010 came right out of the shipping crate, so I got to watch the mechanic put it together, and fill up all of the fluids.  He took it for a quick 1 mile ride and then came back and rechecked all of the fluids.  Honestly, it was quite a boring 90 minutes. Then he handed me the kipass and told me to have fun and not get a ticket.  I did religiously do all of the necessary maintenance work on it at 500 miles.

-David
Athens, GA