Author Topic: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!  (Read 86786 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: MCENTERPRISES Guards - GROUP BUYS NOW!!!
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2012, 04:35:45 AM »
Just wanted to give MC Enterprises bars kudo's for saving my bike, my leg and my wife's leg from ANY damage at all when an unavoidable stop on an uphill, off camber, gravel road resulted in the bike and us falling EVER SO SLOWLY onto our left side.  The tupperwear damage if the bars hadn't been there would have been substantial.  For those who are going in on this buy, I also highly recommend you modify the fairing piece as shown in the attached picture to allow for future removal of the fairing without needing to remove the front MC bar. This also makes installing the bars a little easier. Install bars first, then replace the fairing piece.  Otherwise....you need to thread the bars through the fairing.  In more than 10,000 miles of riding, I have no evidence of any problems with the modification to the fairing piece.

Keep in mind you guys that this cutting is not required on '08's & '09's. That's right, these bikes are faster too.    8)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2012, 08:41:14 AM »
Keep in mind you guys that this cutting is not required on '08's & '09's. That's right, these bikes are faster too.    8)

Actually the cutting he's describing isn't required for any of our guards, it's merely a suggestion for those of you who frequently remove the fairing because it allows you to remove the fairing without removing the guards as well.

However, there is another "cut" that is required for the #1400-110 (2010-2012 Concours) that is not required for the #1400-100 (2008-2009 Concours) which I believe is what you were referring to. Please keep in mind though that this cut is NOT into the fairing. The cut is made into a heat deflector that resides beneath the fairing so once the guard is completely installed, the cut will not be visible (I have attached a photo of the cut that needs to be made, it's in "Illustration D, Feature 1"). I truly hope I'm not coming off as an asshole or anything, I'm merely trying to make sure the correct information is out there for everyone. I don't want people making unnecessary, permanent modifications to their fairings!  :)

MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2012, 09:02:49 AM »
Ryan,

No, you're not coming off as an a-hole at all. You're the expert here on your product and the more info we have on fitment the better.

How many orders are we up to now?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »
Ryan,

No, you're not coming off as an a-hole at all. You're the expert here on your product and the more info we have on fitment the better.

How many orders are we up to now?

Phew!

We're currently sitting steady at 8 sets ordered. If I'm not mistaken, only one person ordered yesterday. For those of you waiting for your checks on the 15th, keep in mind that your credit/debit cards will not be charged until the product is actually shipped from our facility on or around the 23rd. All you're doing by ordering now is making sure there is a set reserved for you when the group buy ends (I'm setting sets aside as the orders come in). With how fast these bars sell normally, it would truly behoove those of you who are seriously interested in the guards to get them ordered sooner rather than later. I'd hate to see a serious rider miss out on this great deal because they decided to wait til the last day.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2012, 09:52:43 AM »
I just added a rear set to my order because I think my passenger needs help lifting herself off of the toilet too.  :rotflmao:

Ryan have you had any complaints about the rear guards hindering the passenger in any way? Does it make it hard to keep their foot on the peg?

Anybody else heard anything or have any experience with this?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2012, 09:55:13 AM »
I just added a rear set to my order because I think my passenger needs help lifting herself off of the toilet too.  :rotflmao:

Ryan have you had any complaints about the rear guards hindering the passenger in any way? Does it make it hard to keep their foot on the peg?

Anybody else heard anything or have any experience with this?

The only issue that I've heard of with the rear bars is that the stock passenger foot pegs won't fold up.   

If your passenger reads what you said, you won't have to worry about her ever riding with you again anyways.    ;)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2012, 09:58:20 AM »
I am going to have to assume my Buell pegs probably will not fold up either. I can live with that I guess.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »

I have heard that the small rear guards slightly reduce the space the passenger has to put their foot onto the passenger pegs. I haven't heard of this causing any problems with grip though. I think it's more of a minor comfort issue than anything.

EDIT: Regarding the folding of rear pegs, I haven't heard of anything regarding this personally so I went out and spoke with my Tech. He confirmed that the pegs are indeed limited in their fold by the small rear guards.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2012, 10:09:03 AM »
I am going to have to assume my Buell pegs probably will not fold up either. I can live with that I guess.

I think those Buell's might fold, they're a lil lower than stock right? See the pic, that's Jim's bike and his pegs will fold. If you look at how those bars mount (using the foot peg mount) you can see why the stockers won't fold.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2012, 10:21:40 AM »
I think those Buell's might fold, they're a lil lower than stock right? See the pic, that's Jim's bike and his pegs will fold. If you look at how those bars mount (using the foot peg mount) you can see why the stockers won't fold.

I hope so, if not like I said I can live with it.

Come on order up guys/gals.

I need my handicap rails.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2012, 10:54:54 AM »
I hope so, if not like I said I can live with it.

Just get a new girlfriend with smaller feet...  ;)

Offline MikeH

• Arena
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
I just sent Ryan an email with my info so the order number should be up to 9

Offline daringdave

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »
Hello fellow C14 folks.
My name is Dave and I am a new C14 owner and new member of this forum... I also want to share that I am Order #9 for the guards. Just got off the phone with ryan.
Ride On
2010 Neptune Blue

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Dave!

Just to verify, I have received the orders from both Dave and Mike and they are orders number 9 and 10 respectively. Sorry, Mike, I took Daves order before yours but now you get to be the magical #10!  ;D

Only 5 more sets until you guys hit the 15% discount! Let's hope that COG forum starts pulling their weight, I've only received one order from over there!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2012, 12:18:40 PM »
I just gave the COG guys another nudge.

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2012, 12:31:24 PM »
The COG guys are a bunch of tight wads.  Most of them are too busy trying to keep their C10's in one piece with duct tape and bailing twine to ever get on the internet.   

:stirpot:
Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2012, 12:37:26 PM »
Well, some of them used to be here and one would think this would be a good enough deal to entice them to buy, regardless.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2012, 12:47:57 PM »
The COG guys are a bunch of tight wads.  Most of them are too busy trying to keep their C10's in one piece with duct tape and bailing twine to ever get on the internet.   

:stirpot:

That is funny.  Sr Member Conrad is on the COG site as we speak.  He is going to single handedly get 5 more orders by end of this week.... :o

Thanks for order #9 and order #10. 

I have a strong feeling that we are going to get to 15 quickly. 
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2012, 12:53:34 PM »
I have a strong feeling that we are going to get to 15 quickly.

#11 has been placed...

Offline kawacop1642

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2012, 12:54:24 PM »
I just got off the phone with Ryan who assisted me with successfully placing my order for a set of front engine guards in black.

Thanks again IRULE!!!

Mark...... 8)