Author Topic: have you RED about ZG's new PASSION this fall/winter...  (Read 60286 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: have you RED about ZG's new PASSION this fall/winter...
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
You should go with a hyper color paint. That way, when you ride it in the summer it will be red and when you ride it in the winter (or when it rains) it will be black.

:o   Woh, reminds me of the old Genera hyper color t-shirts back in the early 90's...  :cool:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »

Prep has begun, painter just sent me these...   :) :popcorn:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2013, 09:19:59 PM »
OK, responding here because it got a little.... pesky on that other place where this thread was also posted.

So Jay, I am thinking of two tone gray, light and darker, one above the other roughly along the line of the front fairing groove and the fuel tank's widest point. Saw it years ago on an '07 BMW and fell in love with the color scheme. But I really would like to know the type of paint being used on yours if you could casually find that information.

Brian

Prep has begun, painter just sent me these...   :) :popcorn:

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »
OK, responding here because it got a little.... pesky on that other place where this thread was also posted.

So Jay, I am thinking of two tone gray, light and darker, one above the other roughly along the line of the front fairing groove and the fuel tank's widest point. Saw it years ago on an '07 BMW and fell in love with the color scheme. But I really would like to know the type of paint being used on yours if you could casually find that information.

Brian

That 2-tone scheme sounds cool Brian, I thought about doing the same, the line I think would work well (for the 08/09) is the line than follows the tail side down all the way to the front of the lowers, ie tail sides and lowers one color and above that mids/tank/upper/mirrors in another.  8)  I've even thought about just doing that with a mix of 2 color sets I have, black on one half and green or red on the other half... ??  :-\

As for the chem mix on contents within the paint probably the best folks to ask is Color-Rite, that's who we ordered the paint from. I bet if you contacted them and gave the codes I listed on that other forum and asked it in the way of a potential buyer they could probably give you better intel than I could, I'd probably screw up the big words in translation...  ;) ;D

I'm stoked about yer paint project Brian, can't wait to hear/see more about it!  :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2013, 11:15:34 PM »
Well, no project yet. It is just that my '08 is getting a little long in the tooth regarding paint- some on the overall fairing, more (but still slight) on the tank, more yet on the saddlebags and downright atrocious on the wheels. I know the wheels and body work are two completely different items and will probably try to do something with the wheels first because they really are pretty poor looking.

The bodywork would be nice but there are too many projects piling up in front of that. I cannot even get a trailer of wood moved for going into 'winter mode' 'cause the prime mover is down :-(  And now it looks like I may have a large project on your side of the continent so that too will eat into available time.

And then there are all the.... stalled projects like the headlights. So I am reluctant to call painting the bike a project, more like a pipe dream at this point.

But I am watching yours with interest. Living vicariously through your chameleon modes.... :-)

Brian

That 2-tone scheme sounds cool Brian, I thought about doing the same, the line I think would work well (for the 08/09) is the line than follows the tail side down all the way to the front of the lowers, ie tail sides and lowers one color and above that mids/tank/upper/mirrors in another.  8)  I've even thought about just doing that with a mix of 2 color sets I have, black on one half and green or red on the other half... ??  :-\

As for the chem mix on contents within the paint probably the best folks to ask is Color-Rite, that's who we ordered the paint from. I bet if you contacted them and gave the codes I listed on that other forum and asked it in the way of a potential buyer they could probably give you better intel than I could, I'd probably screw up the big words in translation...  ;) ;D

I'm stoked about yer paint project Brian, can't wait to hear/see more about it!  :chugbeer:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2013, 09:46:16 AM »
Well, no project yet. It is just that my '08 is getting a little long in the tooth regarding paint- some on the overall fairing, more (but still slight) on the tank, more yet on the saddlebags and downright atrocious on the wheels. I know the wheels and body work are two completely different items and will probably try to do something with the wheels first because they really are pretty poor looking.

The bodywork would be nice but there are too many projects piling up in front of that. I cannot even get a trailer of wood moved for going into 'winter mode' 'cause the prime mover is down :-(  And now it looks like I may have a large project on your side of the continent so that too will eat into available time.

And then there are all the.... stalled projects like the headlights. So I am reluctant to call painting the bike a project, more like a pipe dream at this point.

But I am watching yours with interest. Living vicariously through your chameleon modes.... :-)

Brian

Well I guess the good thing is winter is a great time for projects though eh Brian.  :chugbeer:

Let me know if you want to take the easy path though brother, as I mentioned I still have my complete 09 oem black bodywork with tank and side case lids etc all boxed up in the garage that I'm thinking about selling, you could plug and play with this and be done in a day for a lot cheaper than painting yours...  ;) :)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2013, 10:01:24 AM »
Can I have that boring green set of tupperware?  Now that it is fairly common I reckon a coupla beers should cover the associated costs ;D

I believe I have well documented dibs......

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2013, 10:38:55 AM »
Thanks Jay but I think I will work with the parts I have -they will be off the bike anyway and it is going to take a while to prep and paint them anyway so it won't be a quick process. If I even forge ahead :-(

Brian

Well I guess the good thing is winter is a great time for projects though eh Brian.  :chugbeer:

Let me know if you want to take the easy path though brother, as I mentioned I still have my complete 09 oem black bodywork with tank and side case lids etc all boxed up in the garage that I'm thinking about selling, you could plug and play with this and be done in a day for a lot cheaper than painting yours...  ;) :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2013, 11:07:58 AM »
Just be careful if you DO buy any painted parts from Jay, he may grab the wrong box and you won't know what color you will find in there.... The guy is closing in on owning C-14 parts from a large part of the color spectrum.

;D

Brian

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2013, 11:32:20 AM »

Yep Mike, well documented, if I ever decide to sell the green bodywork you've got first dibs brother.  :) :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2013, 11:33:21 AM »
Just be careful if you DO buy any painted parts from Jay, he may grab the wrong box and you won't know what color you will find in there.... The guy is closing in on owning C-14 parts from a large part of the color spectrum.

;D

Brian

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2013, 03:32:03 PM »
As we say this side of the pond "You Jammy Bugger ZG"  LOL Looking forward to seeing it take shape over the winter. By the way that sexy Swedish underwear in gold will clash so if I FedEx Beer and Sausages over night can in have it ?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2013, 03:39:10 PM »
As we say this side of the pond "You Jammy Bugger ZG"  LOL Looking forward to seeing it take shape over the winter. By the way that sexy Swedish underwear in gold will clash so if I FedEx Beer and Sausages over night can in have it ?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Hahaha Charlie, not at all brother, I think the gold Ohlins will go quite nice with the red.  8)

But you can still send me the beers and sausage.  ;D :chugbeer:

Offline Tahoe C14

• RED 14's RULE!
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2013, 06:52:16 PM »
I knew you would come to your senses.......looking forward to seeing complete.
Jim
2009 "RED" ABS 14

"These bikes just plain kick ass"

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2013, 09:45:07 PM »

Mmmmmmm...  beer and sausages.....   I think Charlie has our number over here.

Offline Broz

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2013, 06:03:29 AM »
You should go with a hyper color paint. That way, when you ride it in the summer it will be red and when you ride it in the winter (or when it rains) it will be black.

heat sensative nissan skyline r33 [url=http://www.autokandy.com]www.autokandy.com[/url]

Honestly though, I think you should take a trip to a PPG or HOK store and look at all the color samples they have before picking a color from another Kawasaki year/model bike. If I had the money to repaint my entire bike, that's what I would do. There's no sense picking another Kawasaki color and having to pay outrageous prices for ColorRite paint when you can find MUCH MUCH nicer colors and better paint readily available from PPG or HOK. Not to mention, your bike will be one-off and not a clone of another year/model's color...

Just my .02

When I saw this video of the heat sensitive paint it reminded me of one of those classical USMC quotes, "looks like your trying to spit shine a turd."
Don't do it Jay.
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2013, 07:02:11 PM »

Ok, today the finishing touches to the prep was finished and all the parts are all taped up and ready for shooting red tomorrow, coat after coat after coat after coat...  :) :P

I'm stoked!!  8) :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2013, 04:37:19 PM »

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2013, 04:42:44 PM »

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2013, 04:44:56 PM »