Poll

Should I paint my 09 Connie 2012 ZX14R green?

yes, do it
no, leave it black

Author Topic: ZG's Go Green paint project - 2012 ZX14R Special Edition Green  (Read 225127 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Should I paint my 09 Connie 2012 ZX14R green?
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »
Do Silverdammit and spend more time riding and less time polishing ;D

It's already black and it ain't gonna get any slower.    ;)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2013, 12:05:26 AM »
I was almost ready to hit the NO vote for ya ZG, til I got to the end of your posting. If you are going to keep all your black panels and don't mind spending the $$ for new ones, then HELL YES ..... do it. I would love to have a Connie in that color.

+106
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 08:07:14 AM »
ZG, on a side note have you seen these?

http://japan.webike.net/products/9374683.html

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2013, 08:21:55 AM »
product review in Engrish     :rotflmao:

Date Added: 01/20/Aug  by Translated Reviews
It purchased for the guide peg and the position improvement. <br>That a description attaches quite incomprehensibly (brake side) took time for a while. <br>After wearing, the motion of a pedal became good and the feeling when stepped on also became quite good. <br>Since the position had also been improved with the guide peg in question, it was very much satisfied. <br>The description became brave to a slight degree, and when the price was cheap to a slight degree, evaluation was 5 rightly.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 09:47:48 AM »

It purchased for the guide peg and the position improvement. <br>That a description attaches quite incomprehensibly (brake side) took time for a while. <br>After wearing, the motion of a pedal became good and the feeling when stepped on also became quite good. <br>Since the position had also been improved with the guide peg in question, it was very much satisfied. <br>The description became brave to a slight degree, and when the price was cheap to a slight degree, evaluation was 5 rightly.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Kinda makes me want to read my C14's owner's maual again quite rightly.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 10:35:39 AM »

:rotflmao: I'm going to have to remember this the next time I write a review.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »
ZG, on a side note have you seen these?

http://japan.webike.net/products/9374683.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »
The thing I like about my black Concours with stock exhaust is when I came a little hot into a town and noticed the two officers leaving the diner and getting into their patrol car.  They never saw or heard me. 

The thing I don't like about my black concours with stock exhaust is that the cars around me don't see or hear me.

My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2013, 11:15:07 PM »
Well.... I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it.

I just pulled the trigger on the first piece, $180 shipped for a tank, no dents or rust and paint ready, too good to pass up.  :-\

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140521355056?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Looks like my weekend will be spent buying used body parts off ebay from my list, if anyone has any 1st gen body parts (no cracks, no deep rash, and mounting tabs in tact let me know ASAP).  :chugbeer:

FYI on how the project cost came out, sounds like I can do this as a complete 2nd set of bodywork and tank sourced, prepped, painted, and installed, for about $4k... Could be as low as $3k but I won't hold my breath.  :-\

Wish me luck on the project brutha's, I'll be sure to post up as the project takes shape.  :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 05:53:28 AM »
Well.... I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it.

I just pulled the trigger on the first piece, $180 shipped for a tank, no dents or rust and paint ready, too good to pass up.  :-\

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140521355056?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Looks like my weekend will be spent buying used body parts off ebay from my list, if anyone has any 1st gen body parts (no cracks, no deep rash, and mounting tabs in tact let me know ASAP).  :chugbeer:

FYI on how the project cost came out, sounds like I can do this as a complete 2nd set of bodywork and tank sourced, prepped, painted, and installed, for about $4k... Could be as low as $3k but I won't hold my breath.  :-\

Wish me luck on the project brutha's, I'll be sure to post up as the project takes shape.  :chugbeer:

Good luck J! I can't wait to see it!

What are you gonna do about the bags?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2013, 08:55:01 AM »
Good luck J! I can't wait to see it!

What are you gonna do about the bags?

Thanks C!  :chugbeer:

As for the bags, I'd like to do those too, you wanna give me that one side that you have with the scuff? That way part of your silverdammit would be a piece of the project...  ;) :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2013, 10:01:56 AM »
You're frickin crazy, you know that, don't you?  But we like those kind of people here.  I'm glad of that.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »
I'm thinking about painting my 09 Connie in the 2012 ZX14R green, should I or shouldn't I? Let me know your thoughts and feedback....

If you're not familiar with the color it can be seen below on this clip I found, about 1 minute in it shows some close up shots of the heavy metallic in it, in person it really pops IMO!

For Sale! 2012 Kawasaki ZX14R Ninja Golden Blazed Green

In case you haven't seen it here is what my Connie currently looks like...

I have to ask, as we all know how difficult it is to get "exact kawasaki paint", were the heck you getting the paint from???

I do like the color.....
but i think you also have to install those AWESOME zx14 MUFFLERS ALSO ..... :doublepuke: :yikes: :hitfan: :stirpot: :pukeface:

I will tell you that the chemeleon paint I used on COGZilla goes on over BLACK...it is virtually a clear paint with microscopic prisms in it...has almost no color to it at all....till it is sprayed onto BLACK..... :popcorn:

HEHEHEEHEHEEH

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2013, 12:51:28 PM »

I have to ask, as we all know how difficult it is to get "exact kawasaki paint", were the heck you getting the paint from???

I do like the color.....

Color Rite

http://www.colorrite.com/department/kawasaki-10020.cfm

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2013, 12:52:04 PM »
You're frickin crazy, you know that, don't you?  But we like those kind of people here.  I'm glad of that.

;D   :grouphug:   :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2013, 05:57:18 AM »

Thanks C!  :chugbeer:

As for the bags, I'd like to do those too, you wanna give me that one side that you have with the scuff? That way part of your silverdammit would be a piece of the project...  ;) :)

Tempting J but I fixed that up and I'm prolly the only one who knows it's there...

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2013, 10:12:30 AM »
Tempting J but I fixed that up and I'm prolly the only one who knows it's there...
I have this same issue C. Scuffed the bag a few months ago and nobody notices but me.

I have to tell myself the same thing when I see a scratch on my truck. "It's a TRUCK!"

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »
I was trying to find some pics of the ZX14R green color along with everything else on a bike blacked out and came across this...

Please don't comment on this bike itself, he must have crazy $ into it, and no I am not a fan of the massive rear tire...

But please just focus on how the green color looks along with the black wheels and everything else blacked out on the bike, which is how my bike is, I think it looks pretty dang good.  8)

2012 Kawasaki ZX14r Customized

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2013, 01:49:08 PM »
Jay, I think the green and black will look fantastic. I don't care for greens that tend to the yellow spectrum. Good luck with the project.