Author Topic: to flie or not to flie, that is the question...  (Read 24136 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: to flie or not to flie, that is the question...
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2011, 04:56:08 PM »
Whoa Money-bags! $800 is a little more! The difference between the full exhaust and the slip-on from Area P is not worth $800 "IN MY OPINION". Someone should start a thread to post HP and torque numbers for the full and slip-on. When I spoke with Jamie, at fuelmoto, about my setup, he said your looking at maybe 4 to 5 more HP with the full system at best. That is not a quote, but what I seem to remember him saying. I am very satisfied with my slip-on...for the money. If I had wanted to BURN another 800, I would have bought the full too. Once again, the Area P slip on is awesome on my bike.

Me...... Money bags?  I don't think so, I am probably one of the cheaper guys around here as far as money spent on my bike and farkles.  I was saying that the exhaust was $800, not $800 additional over the price of a slip-on.  So it is actually only double the price of a slip on and the gain is much more than just noise.  That is about all a slip-on is good for on a C-14 from my research.  So if you go by hp per dollar, a slip on is much more expensive than the AreaP.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2011, 11:02:07 PM »
Whoa Money-bags! $800 is a little more! The difference between the full exhaust and the slip-on from Area P is not worth $800 "IN MY OPINION".

Have you ever looked at the collector bikes on the C14? Give them a look. Then, go
look at the size of collectors on just about any 1000cc bike- you'll notice that stock C14 collector pipes are tiny. Pipe size should go up with engine size and the collector pipes on the c14 are similar to the size on my old GS550. Now, I am sure many are happy with their slip on can. It looks pretty and the sound might impress some. But as for performance, get real!  The stock collector pipes are restrictive and will limit power. I see no reason to pay money to buy muffler slop on bling when the collector pipes are smaller than on my GSX 1100F!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2011, 11:23:30 PM »
If your not to tired after work some night maybe we can shoot up to North Kitsap or Mason or whatever, my wife may let me get away sometime. :) I would love to get together with some other C14/C10 guys for a ride one of these weekends.
Youve got a PM!

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2011, 07:00:30 AM »
Have you ever looked at the collector bikes on the C14? Give them a look. Then, go look at the size of collectors on just about any 1000cc bike- you'll notice that stock C14 collector pipes are tiny. Pipe size should go up with engine size and the collector pipes on the c14 are similar to the size on my old GS550. Now, I am sure many are happy with their slip on can. It looks pretty and the sound might impress some. But as for performance, get real!  The stock collector pipes are restrictive and will limit power. I see no reason to pay money to buy muffler slop on bling when the collector pipes are smaller than on my GSX 1100F!

+1 on the "get real!" part.
When I decided to get a slip on (I got a Remus Hexacone, BTW) I knew perfectly what I was getting: fantastic sound (to my taste), beautiful looks (to my taste), 10 pounds lighter than the stock, and... ahem... 0.3 HP (yeap, that's less than half HP) gain, according to Remus webpage, which is supposed to be manufacturer-optimistic. I get more performance gain from wearing thinner socks.
Still, I'll do it again.  8)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline GTRrob

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2011, 11:28:19 AM »
Me...... Money bags?  I don't think so, I am probably one of the cheaper guys around here as far as money spent on my bike and farkles.  I was saying that the exhaust was $800, not $800 additional over the price of a slip-on.  So it is actually only double the price of a slip on and the gain is much more than just noise.  That is about all a slip-on is good for on a C-14 from my research.  So if you go by hp per dollar, a slip on is much more expensive than the AreaP.

Maybe your right, I definitely misread something...

Youve got a PM!

I'll definitely get back to you, kitchen remodel project in full swing right now....

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »
Have you ever looked at the collector bikes on the C14? Give them a look. Then, go
look at the size of collectors on just about any 1000cc bike- you'll notice that stock C14 collector pipes are tiny. Pipe size should go up with engine size and the collector pipes on the c14 are similar to the size on my old GS550. Now, I am sure many are happy with their slip on can. It looks pretty and the sound might impress some. But as for performance, get real!  The stock collector pipes are restrictive and will limit power. I see no reason to pay money to buy muffler slop on bling when the collector pipes are smaller than on my GSX 1100F!

Yep.  I've posted it before in other threads, but here's a pic I took of the stock C14 header (on the right) vs the Area P header (left).  Huge difference in diameter, and in performance.

'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline mkorn

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2011, 07:48:53 PM »
Damn ... that IS a big difference!
2009 C14 ABS
2002 750 Nighthawk (sold)
2006 DRz 400s

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »
Damn ... that IS a big difference!

Yep, you gotta uncork this beast for real power!  :thumbs: