Author Topic: Sportscreen from Copperdawg  (Read 23405 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: Sportscreen from Copperdawg
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 02:41:51 PM »
Did not tell wife I bought it yet figure I will wait until she notices.  :-X
Bout the same time you notice her next hair cut huh?  ;D

omcrider

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2014, 04:17:18 PM »
Yeah I had to give in and tell her. Took her for a ride (finally) and she was complaining about how much wind was hitting her, so I had to break down and tell her that I actually have a taller screen we can try on the next ride. Oddly she didn't ask any heated questions. I think shes a keeper.

Offline coachmajor

• Ride hard, ride safe
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2015, 08:52:18 PM »
I am about to place my order.  I have read the previous posts, and I know it looks great, it is expensive, it takes a while to make, and significantly changes the riding experience with respect to wind.  I am six feet exactly, and I ride daily in Houston, which is about to get very hot.  I want something to help me cool off.  Everyone seems to be very happy.  Are there any concerns about the product itself i should know about?  Thanks in advance!
2009 Kawasaki C14, 3300 miles but now that I own her, climbing fast.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »
I am about to place my order.  I have read the previous posts, and I know it looks great, it is expensive, it takes a while to make, and significantly changes the riding experience with respect to wind.  I am six feet exactly, and I ride daily in Houston, which is about to get very hot.  I want something to help me cool off.  Everyone seems to be very happy.  Are there any concerns about the product itself i should know about?  Thanks in advance!

From the other thread, mine were mainly two concerns- about using risers (handlebar clearance) and the "stick on" nose thing (which is a bit strange; and only a concern if you plan on trying to switch back to a regular windscreen for when it is not hot). 
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline coachmajor

• Ride hard, ride safe
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »
Doggone it.  I ride all winter long even when the temps are in the high 30s and 40s.  I'll need the stocker back on there.  The post about the adhesive has caused me to really think about it.  I want to be able to go back stock in the winters.  Is there any other option to cool down?  Is there any way to make the copperdawg easily interchangeable?

Offline coachmajor

• Ride hard, ride safe
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2015, 06:14:37 PM »
I also want to be able to slip on the CB for those much longer rides i take each year.  Thanks for any help on the previous reply.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 06:58:40 PM by coachmajor »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2015, 06:16:03 PM »
I run a Calsi large three seasons and a cut down stocker in the heat of the summer.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2015, 06:52:47 PM »
I don't have a pic right now . I cut four inches off and could have cut two more. I used a jigsaw and hand sanded the edges. I finished the edge with a propane torch. there are several done that way by the members here with pictures. A couple have been painted black on the inside for an excellent look. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Offline coachmajor

• Ride hard, ride safe
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2015, 06:54:09 PM »
Found it.  Thanks a million.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »
There are several...here's one... http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16614.0