Author Topic: PR4's arrived and installed!!  (Read 24359 times)

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
Re: PR4's arrived and installed!!
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »

Not sure what time you were there SF, but they delivered there about 11am...  :chugbeer:

I left there at 11:10... Which means that they had just BARELY gotten off the truck and paperwork probably hadn't been signed yet...  That's really irritating!!! hahaha
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2014, 01:59:00 AM »
I had my C10 wheels done and after 4,000 miles riding our salt encrusted roads they still look great.
I had mine done in satin black and the finish is so much harder wearing than the OEM paint.
Being the same colour as road crud you can wash it once a day, once a week or never.
The wheels always look the same. Only problem is that when ya go to check the tyre pressures yer hands get filthy. <LOL>
Will be doing my C14 wheels this year but also need to figure out if I want to do the Final Drive casing or not.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »
I don't intend to "thread jack"; but I'm wondering if I can mix a front PR3 with a rear PR4. My PR3 front is still good, and I didn't wasnt to replace it; but I'm having a hard time finding a PR3 rear since the PR4 replaced it.
 :offtopic:
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2014, 02:07:49 PM »
You are really asking for it, Bourne!

Some folks seem to be able to ride the bike with any tires on it.  They would probably TRY IT, and then know how well it works.  I would do that.

Some folks always have to have the exact OEM tires, inflated to spec, or it doesn't happen.
The fact you are asking the question makes me think you are in this group.  Which is fine.

They know who they are. 

Which one are you?

((ducking))

2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2014, 04:41:38 PM »
I don't intend to "thread jack"; but I'm wondering if I can mix a front PR3 with a rear PR4. My PR3 front is still good, and I didn't wasnt to replace it; but I'm having a hard time finding a PR3 rear since the PR4 replaced it.
 :offtopic:

Well, it is not really off topic.  Of course you CAN do it, the question is if it is a good idea or not.  I believe one should NEVER mix different tires on the same axle (if one cares at all about performance and safety).  But that is not an issue on a motorcycle.

Personally, if I were in your situation, I would not hesitate to mix a PR3 with a PR4.  Aside from the fact that they are on different axles, they are still the same manufacturer, style, spec, and even brand, just a newer version.  I think it would be perfectly safe and can't think of any negatives.  Now, if they were significantly different, I would hesitate some.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2014, 06:40:50 PM »
Well, it is not really off topic.  Of course you CAN do it, the question is if it is a good idea or not.  I believe one should NEVER mix different tires on the same axle (if one cares at all about performance and safety).  But that is not an issue on a motorcycle.

Personally, if I were in your situation, I would not hesitate to mix a PR3 with a PR4.  Aside from the fact that they are on different axles, they are still the same manufacturer, style, spec, and even brand model, just a newer version.  I think it would be perfectly safe and can't think of any negatives.  Now, if they were significantly different, I would hesitate some.

;D  :rotflmao:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2014, 08:02:27 PM »
;D  :rotflmao:

?

Isn't "Pilot Road" the brand?  I don't think PR3 and PR4 would be considered the same model.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2014, 09:49:05 PM »
Is there a color called 'Brake Dust'?
That is what I am hoping- a dark gray. In fact, I would think a C-14 would look great in that color all over.

Brian

Not quite sure what you're referring to? Due to the rain in the PNW my bike is already that color all over....
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2014, 12:39:50 AM »
Hey Bourne..

See what I mean? 

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2014, 09:59:33 AM »
?

Isn't "Pilot Road" the brand?  I don't think PR3 and PR4 would be considered the same model.

Max - I just thought you meant to use the word model instead of brand, since to me manufacturer and brand are the same thing. Also, IMO since they're both Pilot Road, they're basically the same model just one being a later version than the other. I shoulda piped down  :-[  :P  :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2014, 11:47:07 AM »
?

The brand would be Michelin.   The model would be PR3 or PR4.  That's my stand.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2014, 02:05:54 PM »
Ohhh semantics!

Well, the brand would be Michelin and I think we would all agree on that. I would say that the Pilot Road part would be the series but that sure is a gray area. Once the number is added (PR2, PR3, etc.) I would say that that was just the exact, specific tire.

Yep, it sure is winter....  :rotflmao:

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »

Oh whatever.  I even later looked it up and it is a grey area.  At least they are similar enough that we know mixing the two should be "safe".

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2014, 05:02:18 PM »
Grey for you but not for me... ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Canada44

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2014, 06:41:03 PM »
Love the black  8)
2010 ABS C14

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2014, 06:48:42 PM »
Agreed Jim, not gray, it is GRAY!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

OFFTOPIC: about a million years ago, I was in Germany and trying to chat with some Germans (no surprise there) but I did not know the German word for 'gray'. After saying "gray" slowly and loudly a couple of times, I saw that that approach was not working. So I said 'schwartz (German word for black) and weiss (German word for white) and made the pot stirring motion (mixing). BINGO- they said 'Grau', which of course is the German word for gray. :-)

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2014, 08:21:15 PM »

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 03:24:58 AM »

It's Silverdammit!!!!!!  8)  ::)  :P  ;D

or in my case (2011) ImprovedSilverDammIt!!!!!  8)  ;D
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2014, 07:31:55 AM »
OFFTOPIC: about a million years ago, I was in Germany and trying to chat with some Germans (no surprise there) but I did not know the German word for 'gray'. After saying "gray" slowly and loudly a couple of times, I saw that that approach was not working. So I said 'schwartz (German word for black) and weiss (German word for white) and made the pot stirring motion (mixing). BINGO- they said 'Grau', which of course is the German word for gray. :-)
STILL OFFTOPIC!
A friend asked me to help him buy some cigarettes when on vacation in Greece as I speak a few European languages (but not Greek!).
So, I went to the store with him and he told me he wanted 2 packets of a certain Red/White brand.
I walked into the store, paused, smiled at the store owner, held up 2 fingers and said "Marlboro".
My friend was a little embarrassed at his stupidity,...... but I was even more embarrassed the following day to find that the store owner was English. <LOL>

ONTOPIC:
I would mix PR3s and PR4s and probably will as the C14 PR3 front will probably die before the nearly new rear.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2014, 08:28:35 AM »
Since we're off topic....I've got a PR3 on the front on an Angel on the rear. Am I going to die?