Author Topic: PR4's arrived and installed!!  (Read 24358 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
PR4's arrived and installed!!
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:11:32 PM »
My new PR4's arrived this morning, I'm down at my shop right now while they mount em up, rear is on, front is next, I opted to try out my black wheels with the red bodywork to see how it looks...  :-\

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: PR4's arrived and installed!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:17:34 PM »
Like the black on red.  :thumbs:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »
Photos are a little useful but...

GT or not?
Size?
Price?
Source?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 03:42:29 PM »

I'm sticking with my gold EBC rotors with the black wheels though...  8) :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 03:48:37 PM »
Photos are a little useful but...

GT or not?
Size?
Price?
Source?

- GT
- 55 rear
- $400 for the set
- my local shop, ask for Rusty and tell him you know me...  http://www.motosporthillsboro.com/index.asp
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:20:41 PM by ZG »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 04:09:12 PM »
- GT

Kewl.  I think that is going to become the consensus

- 50 rear

Was just curious.  I would NEVER do that, since raising the bike in any way would be a huge no-no for me.

- $400 for the set

Ouch

- my local shop,

Yeah, when my time comes this year, I will start with the dealer and see if they are reasonable.  Was your $400 just for the tires, or did that include balance/mount?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 04:10:51 PM »
NICE!!!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 04:14:38 PM »

Installed!  8) :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 04:53:24 PM »
Very nice.
Non GTs were at Bike Bandit for $340 shipped free.
Joel from Maine.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »
Having chicken strips for dinner, are we?  ;D

OFFTOPIC: I am sure you posted it but I cannot remember- did you have those wheels powder coated or painted? If powder coated, did they sandblast the wheels or anything else in the way of prep first? I need to do something with the wheels on my bike but they are too filthy to paint and am wondering if powder coating is any more tolerant of.... grunge.

Brian

My new PR4's arrived this morning, I'm down at my shop right now while they mount em up, rear is on, front is next, I opted to try out my black wheels with the red bodywork to see how it looks...  :-\

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 05:23:03 PM »

- 55 rear

Was just curious.  I would NEVER do that, since raising the bike in any way would be a huge no-no for me.

Welp, scratch that Max... I ordered a 50, but it seems they sent me a 55... I didn't think to look until it was already mounted and then I noticed it said 55, so I guess I'll try out the 55 after all...  :-\

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 05:25:20 PM »
Ouch

Yeah, when my time comes this year, I will start with the dealer and see if they are reasonable.  Was your $400 just for the tires, or did that include balance/mount?

Actually retail was $575, but I get a discount. The $400 was just for the tires, another $75 for the mounting, balance, rotor swap, etc.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »
Having chicken strips for dinner, are we?  ;D

OFFTOPIC: I am sure you posted it but I cannot remember- did you have those wheels powder coated or painted? If powder coated, did they sandblast the wheels or anything else in the way of prep first? I need to do something with the wheels on my bike but they are too filthy to paint and am wondering if powder coating is any more tolerant of.... grunge.

Brian

Chicken strips indeed, just got home, a very wet PNW day, so I had to take it easy on the new tires on the way home until they scuff up a bit.  :(

I had them powder coated, they media blasted them before the powder coating.  :) 8)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »
Welp, scratch that Max... I ordered a 50, but it seems they sent me a 55... I didn't think to look until it was already mounted and then I noticed it said 55, so I guess I'll try out the 55 after all...  :-\

Ooh, that would REALLY **** me off.  But since you are not short-legged, it might work out for you... some people like it.

Correct stock sizes are as follows:
Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)
Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W)

Offline swojo95

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 05:40:31 PM »
Very nice.
Non GTs were at Bike Bandit for $340 shipped free.

$349 at revzilla for front and rear (55)GTs, just checked and there actually cheaper than the PR3s they sell?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 05:45:25 PM »
Ooh, that would REALLY **** me off.  But since you are not short-legged, it might work out for you... some people like it.

Correct stock guideline sizes are as follows:
Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)
Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W)

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 08:55:45 PM »
nice!!
'02 C-10

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 09:01:30 PM »
Ok, just got done getting her all cleaned back up, the ride home in the PNW wet muck today was brutal, now that she's clean the black wheels are really growing on me...  ;) :)

Sorry for the crappy garage phone pics but that's all ya get for tonight.  ;D :chugbeer:

What do you guys think looks better, the gold wheels or the black?  ??? :-\

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 09:04:14 PM »

I'm short too Max (5'8"), it takes a lot to get me pissed, and this wasn't one of em...  ;) :) :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 09:04:37 PM »
Correct stock guideline sizes are as follows:

Well, I correctly posted the stock/recommended/original/OEM sizes!  What do you want from me??!?!?!!