Author Topic: New York MC show observations  (Read 916 times)

Offline Jim H

New York MC show observations
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:41:34 AM »

Went up Friday and ran into Bob from CT.  That was nice.  Talked to Ricky Gadson and he had his H2R drag bike there.  I gotta say,  the metallic green on Ricky's bike is awesome,  the standard green on the C14 not so much.  His bike is sweet.  The H2R looks like a deceptacon from Transformers fame!  LOL  Awesome but not me.  My bud I went with kept going to the new Yamaha R1 M version I believe.  That had so much tech on board it was nuts!  You can ride that, come back and look at the info about the ride it shared with an app and tweek the suspension or other items....way over my head but he is really looking.

The FJR was a couple of shades of grey with some black thrown in....looked horrible, especially the black grab bar! 

The C14 seat felt nicer the my 10.  Not as wide where your legs would go to put your feet on the ground.  The butt area was comfortable and wide enough, so nice seat.  Really not sure about the windscreen.  The way it is made looks to fit on any of the previous bikes (if you look from behind looks like the exact same mechanics).  I can see how the open slot would actually act as a scoop for the air as well.....so it probably does work.   The shield on the green bike looked bad,  on the black it did not, seemed to blend in more!  None of the people there actually rode it, they were all dealers helping at the show.  I tried to find a factory rep to ask about the linked brakes but no luck.

On a side note, everyone was so friendly and polite.  Talked to folks from all over!  Had a beer and a hot dog with a small family owned dealer and he was a hoot!  He invited my bud and I over to his shop on Saturdays after 4......that is when they close and kick back with a few beers!  Great day.  Left my house at 9 am and home just before midnight! 

Also spoke to some very knowledgeable folks from Aria and a factory guy from Scorpion!  So much to see and do.  If you get a chance check out the Indians, they are cool but not me!  And Motus,  can you say torque....they are unreal!