Author Topic: Give this man a medal!  (Read 6759 times)

Offline Conrad

Give this man a medal!
« on: June 12, 2012, 07:52:37 AM »
 :thumbs:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter.

A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

Lavaca County Precinct Judge Alene Lyons, who is coordinating information in the case including autopsy results, said Monday

that a preliminary autopsy report indicated the victim "died from blunt-force head and neck injuries."

"It will take six weeks to get the full report back because they also did a toxicology report," Lyons said.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Give this man a medal!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:05:07 AM »
I'm ok with what the father did.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 08:20:14 AM »
I'm ok with what the father did.
I think almost any father will agree with you.  I know this one does.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
a preliminary autopsy report indicated the victim "died from blunt-force head and neck injuries.

First this guy was not a victim. Second the cause of death was the perps own actions. DRT

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »
I don't see a problem here.  The little girl was the ONLYvictim
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
If a grand jury indicts teh father of anything, that I am sure will cause a huge uproar as it should.

Offline red2000

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 11:33:56 AM »
Way to go dad!!   >:(   I can't imagine what I would do in the same situation.  I don't think I would be remorseful though.  I'd probably try to prolong the bastards agony.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »
No one thinks twice about putting a mad dog down.

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 11:55:48 AM »
The perv brought it on himself.  Who knows how many other children he has already done this to?
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 01:49:52 PM »
This is what the other side is saying, I don't agree with her.

News & Views
Say What!?
Dad Accused of Beating Daughter's 'Molester' to Death Is No Hero
Posted by Jeanne Sageron June 11, 2012 at 2:26 PM .Prepare to feel conflicted. A father who says he found a man trying to molest his 4-year-old may be facing a whole other kind of trial. Cops in Shiner, Texas, say the little girl's dad put a stop to the assault then beat the man to death.

So far what cops will do with the dad remains up in the air. I'm not surprised; there's no easy answer here for them. Say you were put on a jury to face a case like that. Would you be able to make a decision that would let you go to bed that night with a clear conscience? I don't think I would.
...I want to say that the fatal beating the Lavaca County sheriff says happened in a family house (no names have been released to protect the sexual assault victim's identity) on Sunday afternoon was the right thing and cheer from the rooftops.

More from The Stir: Teen's Random Murder by Store Clerk Should Put Us All on Edge

I'm a parent, for cripes sakes. I never want to see a child being hurt in any fashion. Just last night I sat in my house with my heart beating fast against my chest because I'd heard a rumor that a local teen had to be airlifted out of an accident scene (good news: it was one of those exaggerations that spreads on Facebook -- she's fine). In that sense, if the allegation of abuse is true, then I would have been shaking with anger and horror both. If I were that father, I would have wanted to kill that man.

But wanted to does not equal would have.

Consider this: when you take justice into your own hands, what happens? You get in trouble. You, the person who, up until that very moment, was in the right.

You may say it's "worth it" because the other person got what you thought was "coming," but you are forever marred by having sunk to the criminal level. You are what you profess to despise.

I can imagine that if this dad beat this man, he thought he was doing it for the right reasons. I hope that the police and prosecutors treat this whole case with that in mind. But there is no way to walk away from this one feeling anything but conflicted, is there?

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »
I for one have never bought into the "sink to their level" thing very much.  What the father did is not the same thing as molesting a child.  Anyone can see that difference unless they don't want to (the case with this article, I think).

Even if you see it as a choice b/w the lesser of the two evils, it's pretty clear you should side with the father.
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »
I agree wipfel, these types of "articles" are posted as a way to stir people up and generate ratings and viewings by so called "journalists". Many fall for it and threads and posts devolve into name calling and polarizing comments and everyone gets mad, and yet, in the end, the vast majority agrees and understands what the father did. I myself would sleep quite soundly knowing a POS oxygen thief like that was permanently taken by me while in the act of doing what he was doing to someone in my family. And I could hold my head up while walking down the street knowing I did it.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 05:25:55 PM »
A person who commits atrocious, evil acts has lost any semblance of humanity and should be treated as one would treat a bad animal. Dead...Right...There!

Taff

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 06:24:10 PM »
:thumbs:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter.

A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

Lavaca County Precinct Judge Alene Lyons, who is coordinating information in the case including autopsy results, said Monday

that a preliminary autopsy report indicated the victim "died from blunt-force head and neck injuries."

"It will take six weeks to get the full report back because they also did a toxicology report," Lyons said.

That's what a loving father would do to protect their children. Hope the little girl heals from this terrible act.
The victim deserved the punishment however harsh it may seem.

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 09:59:19 PM »
I only have once thing to say.....

Beat on the pervs!

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
I will do what ever it takes to protect my children or any child that has been entrusted to my care by their parents. I'm thinking the "journalist" who posted that article has no children or she would understand this.
2004 C10 RIP

Offline Conrad

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 02:15:57 PM »
The perv crossed a line that should result in his death (and it did), no matter who's child it is.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
He got less than what he deserved.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 06:03:11 PM »
First up there are a lot of victims ,the girl ,the father ,the family and the family of the man who died .

Who is to blame for the mans death ? Himself probably.  Unless he belonged in a metal instituion and was not in one because of lack of space etc  or maybe a parole board who let him out.

It takes a far bit to kill someone by just punching him ,but there was enough provication that anyone could loose control . The father will never forget it, both he and his daughter will need a lot of help to get over it .

One good thing is it will probably reduce these types of assults on children for a while as some of those people who do it will be very worried they may face FATHER justice not the so called  "legal Sytem "