Author Topic: New Moderator for the C14 boards  (Read 7420 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: New Moderator for the C14 boards
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »
Ah yes, I think I might remember them. I might even know where they went if you are interested.  :rotflmao: [three times]

This forum IS a kinder, gentler version than most are, at least from what I have seen. Although the other two I mentioned that I participate in are easily as nice as it is here. I have made short forays into other forums and frankly do not understand why anyone would care to spend any portion whatever of his / her life reading through that.... stuff.

Brian

before common era .... There were a few....loudish.... voices that wouldn't maintain an acceptable level of decorum among civilized people.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 04:43:21 PM »
bce?  ??

I have not actually ever used that feature of any forum. I have found it easier / works better for me to just not venture into forums that have a high likelihood of irritation.... sort of like avoiding food one is allergic to I guess. Besides, I only frequent three forums, they are not in any way related to each other and only one is related to motorcycles.

Brian

This one?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 05:09:23 PM »
I want to thank Jim for the kind words.  It is probably not something I would have been all that eager to do, other than him asking.... and if he needs help, it is the least I could do considering how much help and fun these Forums have been for me over the years.  Hopefully I meet the expectations of Rick, T-Cro, Jim, and the members.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »
So who's going to keep a eye on Max?

That is what we have you for!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 05:46:29 PM »
I'm on it. Congrats on the promotion, Max. You'll do fine.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 05:50:03 PM »
Yes, this one. This is not only the only motorcycle forum I participate in, it is the only one I visit in any way, shape or form. You can connect the dots on that statement I am sure....  ;)

I do belong to a local BMW group, and even got my first newsletter in the mail today in fact (where they correctly spelled my name incorrectly as any volunteer organization, and many paid- for organizations should always strive for IMO). But I do not go to 'their' forum, at least not as of yet as it holds little interest for me. I do not plan on 'drinking the koolaid' and purchasing one of those products so the only thing that is of any interest to me is the riding group- many of them are L.D. riders I know from previous rallies.

Brian

This one?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 06:07:11 PM »
BMW  :yikes: and  :yikes: :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »
Hey, I just noticed that- you have a list? An actual list of people you ignore? Wait, wait, can you see this post?

:yikes: :rotflmao:

Brian

:-\

You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

;) ;D :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2014, 06:26:28 PM »
ditto, my blood pressure went down to a manageable level after I did that.

Next thing you know JR will be a mod on that other forum...  :yikes: :nuts: :banghead: :pukeface:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2014, 07:35:35 PM »
 :rotflmao: 

You are killin' me 'cause either way (blocked or not blocked), that was funny.

Brian

:-\

You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

;) ;D :chugbeer:

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 08:14:01 PM »
Testes......1....2.......ok that works. Interesting choice, and I agree with ZG.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 08:48:53 PM »
Testes......1....2.......ok that works. Interesting choice, and I agree with ZG.

A sad day indeed Poke...  :(

I think I feel my sabbatical on this forum coming soon...  :-\

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2014, 05:39:38 AM »
before common era .... There were a few....loudish.... voices that wouldn't maintain an acceptable level of decorum among civilized people.

Before common era?
I suggest before current era, just to keep us newbies who don't have a clue of prior days less confused.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2014, 06:35:31 AM »
I think that Max is a good choice and that he'll do a good job as mod.  :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2014, 06:38:38 AM »

A sad day indeed Poke...  :(

I think I feel my sabbatical on this forum coming soon...  :-\

Wow, really?  ???

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2014, 06:51:59 AM »
I think that Max is a good choice and that he'll do a good job as mod.  :thumbs:

I concur. This forum seems to self-moderate fairly well and we don't let moderators into the Arena. I don't foresee any change in the personality of the forum in general.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2014, 07:16:41 AM »
I concur. This forum seems to self-moderate fairly well and we don't let moderators into the Arena. I don't foresee any change in the personality of the forum in general.

Really?  Anyone can gain access to the Arena if they ask.  The only thing that I agree with is your last sentence.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2014, 07:22:51 AM »
I'm really disappointed in this reaction.  Instead of welcoming someone who wants to help out, you're willing to drive that individual away.  I thought that this forum was a better place than that.  Evidently I'm wrong and this thread has run it's course.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2014, 07:43:04 AM »

Oh Really is that a challenge; or perhaps your just blowing smoke up your own skirt?    ::)
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010