Author Topic: Sea Foam  (Read 2044 times)

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
Sea Foam
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »
It's been a while I just want to tear the carbs off and send them to Steve FL to have them done. The idle is crap despite them being synced.
I found the rest of the powerband seemed "ok" to me, but I don't have a benchmark to compare too.
I was reading about Sea Foam in another post and the guy said "start with the cheap way".
So Friday I picked up 2 bottles at the store. Since my tank was close to being on reserve, I figured about 2 gallons was left.
I threw in about 2-3 oz's and drove home from work. Didn't really notice any difference after 2 hours of riding.

I filled my tank last night in preparation for my day at the beach  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=4625.0
So this morning I opened the fresh bottle and dumped it in about half (maybe a little more). From memory it said up to 1 oz per gallon.

I went for a rip around the Adirondacks (Plan B) http://g.co/maps/qdhu8 today and had a chance to stretch her legs a little.
I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect or it's really running a lot stronger overall.

I even noticed my idle is "smoother" than it has been. It's not like an overhaul, but it's good till the tear down!

Am I dreaming or does Sea Foam actually work?

Offline Silver Connie

Re: Sea Foam
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 07:24:03 PM »
i think it works.  ive been using it for a few years on everything.

Offline goatmar

• Go where God wants you.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »
The can say's you can add it to your oil too, has anyone tried this?  I'm guessing it will mess with the clutch?
Dave Muzzey
COG#7957
'01 Connie "BLUE"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
do NOT add it to the engine oil on a bike.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »
I "think" it works if things aren't too bad. My 2000 starting running rough last year. I ran it low, dumped the tank, cleaned the petcock (found a speck), then ran a fres tank with Seafoam. Voila! Something (on that list worked). No problems since.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline vinny

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 03:18:18 AM »
Motorcycle engines predominantly use a wet clutch design whereas car engines usually have a dry clutch.
So DO NOT add it to your engine oil.  :)