Author Topic: New project  (Read 8806 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
New project
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:00:56 AM »
Ok so I am working on a little project on my free time at work  :-X :-X
I meant to take a measurement off my stock handlebars (02).  If anyone happens to be playing with their steed today; could you please take a quick measurement for me?  It doesnt have to be exact, just in the ballpark.
I'm looking for the inside width of stock bars.
I dont wont to let the cat out just yet, but if this works....Oh man is it gonna be saaaaweeeet 8)
p.s. thanks bbroj for the picture lol

2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline mlf73

Re: New project
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:20:19 AM »
Hey Snarf.  I'm getting a measurement of around 9 9/16" on my bike.  Mine has risers on it just like bbroj's pic does so not sure if that makes a difference.  This is just a ballpark figure take from pretty much the center of the inner caps.  I had too much crap in the way to get a quick and precise reading.  Hope this helps.

Marlan
02 Conc- Corbin seat, Cee Baileys shield, MCL fork brace, 4 pot calipers w/zrxmopar's adapters, 310mm rotors, SS brake lines, 1.1 Sonic springs, C14 rear shock, TCro's stick coils, SiSF's economy jet kit, front tip-over bars w/hwy pegs, KB bar risers, fender extender, block off plates, HVMP bar end weights, grip heaters, Murphs fuse block, 55W HID upgrade, relo'd coolant bottle & helmet locks

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 06:46:03 AM »
Hey Snarf.  I'm getting a measurement of around 9 9/16" on my bike.  Mine has risers on it just like bbroj's pic does so not sure if that makes a difference.  This is just a ballpark figure take from pretty much the center of the inner caps.  I had too much crap in the way to get a quick and precise reading.  Hope this helps.

Marlan
Thats perfect.  I'm not sure if risers make a difference or not. It shouldnt, the risers just change the height, not the offset.
If somebody wanted to confirm this that would be appreciated.
Thanks a ton Marlan  :chugbeer:
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 07:20:01 AM »
That's what I get on my '88...since the triples and bars are the same, everything else should be...right?   ???
'02 C-10

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »
That's what I get on my '88...since the triples and bars are the same, everything else should be...right?   ???
Thanks CRocker, those measurements should get me in the ballpark.  Come Mon. hopefully I will be looking for some guinea pigs errr I mean volunteers.
2002 Conc

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 01:19:36 PM »
Pick me, pick me!  Whatca makin'?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
Pick me, pick me!  Whatca makin'?
Hmmmm maybe I will, maybe I wont.  I'm not quite ready to say exactly what it is; but there is a buzzz going around that it might be for the stock handlebars :-X :-X :-X :-X
2002 Conc

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »
Cross bar with built-in beer holder?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
Only newbies should be used for equipment testing.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 02:01:13 PM »
Hmmmm maybe I will, maybe I wont.  I'm not quite ready to say exactly what it is; but there is a buzzz going around that it might be for the stock handlebars :-X :-X :-X :-X

Well, well, if this is what I think it is it will confirm my "tuning fork" theory about the buzz in the stock bars.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »
Well, well, if this is what I think it is it will confirm my "tuning fork" theory about the buzz in the stock bars.
You are indeed correct, IF thats what Im doing LOL.
2002 Conc

Offline Tele130

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »
Im always available. ;D
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 06:57:18 PM »
 :popcorn:
2014 C-14 Red

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 08:16:29 PM »
Im always available. ;D
Geez I dont know Doug. I would be looking for totaly unbiased feed back. Im just  not sure that you have it in you.  :rotflmao: :stirpot:
2002 Conc

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
You could just ship one to me with the light mounts.... 8)
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 05:03:26 AM »
You could just ship one to me with the light mounts.... 8)
Now see thats what I like about this group.  There is always someone trying to save me money on shipping ;)
2002 Conc

Offline mdr

• Mark in Austin's C10 Tech Page
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »
I'm game if you don't have a guinea pig yet.  I mount stuff on the bars that seem to magnify the vibes, so it'd be a ?good test?
Mark in Austin
'01 Concours, Vrooomm
My "Tech Page"
http://www.randols.net/Connie/index.html

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 08:28:24 AM »
High elevation testing available here!   ;)
'02 C-10

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 03:42:32 PM »
It isnt pretty but by God it works  :)
I need to make my turnbuckle an inch longer. All-in-all I think it definately reduces the buzz.
Rubber ends squeeze into the bar ends, center turnbuckle spins on a portion of threaded 5/16" steel rod. It needs fine tunning; but one hella easy fix for the buzz.
Once I get the minor details I will be asking some of you eager beavers to try it and give feed back. I would reallly like to find one or two more people that have soo much buzz that they have actualy considered selling the bike because of the buzz.

VERSION 1.0 of the "Buzz-Less Bar"  ;D

2002 Conc

Offline Tele130

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 07:02:56 AM »
Very cool Chris. :thumbs:

Not that I know what I'm talking about or anything but,.....................have you tried moving it down on the bars (closer to the source of the buzz) instead of a longer turnbuckle?
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!