Author Topic: What is it?  (Read 8890 times)

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
Re: What is it?
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 09:26:25 PM »

True. But the stock +4" that I put on are just long enough to allow full fork extension. With your new set-up bringing them back closer to me will negate that..........won't it?

Well Doug, sometimes when you move the bars back you don't need them as tall in some applications and the 4"+ cables will be plenty long. I am currently running two sets of KB risers with a KB adaptor plus a setback riser
and the only cable I have extended was the choke cable. I am still using the stock throttle, and clutch line. I did the 2"+ brake lines when I went to the 4 pots on the front. Everything else was simply re-routed.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline Tele130

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »
Well Doug, sometimes when you move the bars back you don't need them as tall in some applications and the 4"+ cables will be plenty long. I am currently running two sets of KB risers with a KB adaptor plus a setback riser
and the only cable I have extended was the choke cable. I am still using the stock throttle, and clutch line. I did the 2"+ brake lines when I went to the 4 pots on the front. Everything else was simply re-routed.

:thumbs:  Didn't think about the possibility of not needing the risers...............Thanks Jim. (FWIW....I'm using the ZRX 6 pot calipers which if I'm not mistaken, hang a little lower than the 4 pot???).
I would like to reduce to amount of "Forward Lean" that I currently have with the stock set-up.

I'm all ears Steve  ;D :chugbeer:
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline Cagedodger

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 12:43:56 AM »
Sorry for the necropost, but did anything ever come of this? I haven't seen anything of it on SISF's site nor Murphs (who peddles SISF's knee-savers).

I just stumbled across this when looking for a tubular handlebar recommendation.

So, Steve in (I'm sure you're over just how Sunny it is right now) Sunny Florida, any update?

Much appreciated!

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 06:32:46 AM »
  Steve just started his vacation. Will be back in 2 weeks.
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline Cagedodger

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 11:23:57 PM »
Bumpity-bump. This is a seriously cool project and I would love to know more as I'm in the middle of re-working my handlebars (and depending on the extent, the brake, clutch and throttle lines/cables as well).

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2012, 07:02:32 PM »
uhhh, this hasn't worked out as I'da hoped - I had "issues" with the fellow who approached me for manufacturing. It all came to a head around april - may of this year, and I've been SWAMPED doing carbs, 7th gears, etc so no time to get back to the handlebars. I'm headed into the fall doldrums, which is usually the time I can work out new products because the carb work slacks off. I'll get back on it, and hopefully find a machine shop for production - a reliable one -  :o  Steve

Offline Tele130

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2012, 07:35:55 PM »
No sweat Steve.  I'm sure this isn't the first time production is delayed because of a second party. Doesn't make it any better.  We'll wait. It will be worth it I'm sure.  :thumbs: :chugbeer:
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline Cagedodger

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 12:45:56 AM »
Well that's a bit of a bummer. The pictures and descriptions seem promising. I'll keep my eye out for updates on this.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 03:44:34 AM »
uhhh, this hasn't worked out as I'da hoped - I had "issues" with the fellow who approached me for manufacturing. It all came to a head around april - may of this year, and I've been SWAMPED doing carbs, 7th gears, etc so no time to get back to the handlebars. I'm headed into the fall doldrums, which is usually the time I can work out new products because the carb work slacks off. I'll get back on it, and hopefully find a machine shop for production - a reliable one -  :o  Steve

Steve, have you been in touch with Kevin Baker?  He makes a lot of items for the Concours, just a thought
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"