Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 292947 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #620 on: April 25, 2012, 06:50:49 AM »
fingers crossed that the drop test wasn't a disaster....
maybe ordering new plastic? ::)

Offline ZZG1400RIDER

« Reply #621 on: April 25, 2012, 07:08:04 AM »
We live in a world with bikes and those bikes need to be guarded with cages, who’s gonna do it pucks, sliders, we have a greater responsibility to protect our bikes then others can possibly fathom.  You weep for downed bikes and you curse the pucks, you have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That bike crashes with pucks while tragic probably saves bikes, and their existence while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves bikes. You don't want the truth deep down in places you don’t protect and talk about at parties YOU WANT THE CANYON CAGE, YOU NEED THE CANYON CAGE. We use words like protection, crash, survivability, we use these words as backbone as a life spent protecting a bike you use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a bike that raise and sleeps under the very blanket of protection that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it, I rather you said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a Canyon Cage and protect your bike, either way I don't give a damn, what you think you’re entitled to with your pucks (did you order the Canyon Cage?) I did the job! (did you order the Canyon Cage) YOUR DAMN RIGHT I DID! >:( ;D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #622 on: April 25, 2012, 07:10:48 AM »
Wow, that's quite a rant. What's the point?

Offline ZZG1400RIDER

« Reply #623 on: April 25, 2012, 07:17:00 AM »
I should have explained that a little bit before posting.  I had a buddy call me and said his pucks just came in and that I was slacking on protection for my Connie.  I responded with that in response to his ridicule and sent that to him.

Offline ZZG1400RIDER

« Reply #624 on: April 25, 2012, 07:18:30 AM »
And with reading your post of just order new plastic reminded me of the reason I want the Cage over the pucks. I had pucks on my Honda and they didnt even touch when it was blown over in the parking lot.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #625 on: April 25, 2012, 07:24:06 AM »
ok, thanks

Flathead

« Reply #626 on: April 25, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »
I should have explained that a little bit before posting.  I had a buddy call me and said his pucks just came in and that I was slacking on protection for my Connie.  I responded with that in response to his ridicule and sent that to him.

+ You have to read it like Jack Nicholson :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #627 on: April 25, 2012, 09:06:39 AM »
We live in a world with bikes and those bikes need to be guarded with cages, who’s gonna do it pucks, sliders, we have a greater responsibility to protect our bikes then others can possibly fathom.  You weep for downed bikes and you curse the pucks, you have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That bike crashes with pucks while tragic probably saves bikes, and their existence while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves bikes. You don't want the truth deep down in places you don’t protect and talk about at parties YOU WANT THE CANYON CAGE, YOU NEED THE CANYON CAGE. We use words like protection, crash, survivability, we use these words as backbone as a life spent protecting a bike you use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a bike that raise and sleeps under the very blanket of protection that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it, I rather you said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a Canyon Cage and protect your bike, either way I don't give a damn, what you think you’re entitled to with your pucks (did you order the Canyon Cage?) I did the job! (did you order the Canyon Cage) YOUR DAMN RIGHT I DID! >:( ;D

This sounds like the type of discussion that I would get into with my brother, after about 10 beers each.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZZG1400RIDER

« Reply #628 on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:20 AM »
Your absolutely right Flathead! And I can't wait to install the cage. I chalked my tires and I have worn off all the chalk on the right side but there isnt enough left hand decreasing radius turns to wear off the chalk.  I am wanting to drag the foot pegs.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #629 on: April 25, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »

Thats freaking classic right there!

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #630 on: April 25, 2012, 02:57:24 PM »
Thats freaking classic right there!

Epic rant me thinks.......

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #631 on: April 25, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »
Epic rant me thinks.......

Here is your answer...........hopefully now you can see the appreciation for his creativity.
Famous Speeches: A Few Good Men

Offline SANDPSYCHO

« Reply #632 on: April 25, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »
Bueler Bueler Bueler Bueler Bueler Bueler Bueler Bueler Bueler Bueler Bueler

http://youtu.be/NP0mQeLWCCo

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #633 on: April 26, 2012, 03:30:40 AM »
I know that has to be a record!

We got to page #25 before the thread was taken out into obscurity!

RANDY!!!! Please post something as that may be the only way to bring it back!!!! Please!!!   :stirpot:
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #634 on: April 26, 2012, 04:01:18 AM »
I know that has to be a record!

We got to page #25 before the thread was taken out into obscurity!

RANDYRYAN!!!! Please post something as that may be the only way to bring it back!!!! Please!!!   :stirpot:
fify

Son of Pappy

« Reply #635 on: April 26, 2012, 07:06:47 AM »
Shhhhhhh, he's making silver bars slow having them powder coated :o

Offline ZZG1400RIDER

« Reply #636 on: April 26, 2012, 10:06:50 AM »
Thanks 556 Alpha that is what I was thinking of when I responded back to my buddy.  Well back on topic, Ryan do we have drop test pictures yet? Would love to see with and without the sadle bag bars.  Also when do we need to place the group order. I have cash burning a hole in my pocket for these bars, or a new gun, or ewww shinny object, so the fast we have bars the less money I will spend on other things. Thanks again Ryan and I hope I am not making you feel rushed.  :-\

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #637 on: April 26, 2012, 03:58:43 PM »
Well back on topic, Ryan do we have drop test pictures yet?

No word in days, and they are closed on Friday (tomorrow) and the weekend.  So we will have a long wait now...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline daringdave

« Reply #638 on: April 26, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »
I just got off the phone with Ryan. He is crafting an update for the forum and will post some news for us within the hour.

Basically, he told me that they had been making a few last minute changes and sending the bars to the paint shop today; He expects the group buy to begin next week...
2010 Neptune Blue

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #639 on: April 26, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »
I just got off the phone with Ryan. He is crafting an update for the forum and will post some news for us within the hour.

Basically, he told me that they had been making a few last minute changes and sending the bars to the paint shop today; He expects the group buy to begin next week...

Thanks for the update.  I was kinda shocked when I got home from work and still saw no update!   I just assumed they ran into some snags and have to make some changes.  Guess I was right.   Holding my breath patiently ;)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc