Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 292949 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #420 on: April 12, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »
Snip...

Awwww! Play nice, Conrad!

ZG knows that I was just messin with him, he'll hand it right back to me at some point. It might take him a while though since he rides a black bike.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #421 on: April 12, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
ZG knows that I was just messin with him, he'll hand it right back to me at some point. It might take him a while though since he rides a black bike.

Hahahahaha oh okay! I'm still a noobie to these forums so I'm not really sure who knows one another and who doesn't!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #422 on: April 12, 2012, 01:31:56 PM »
ZG knows that I was just messin with him, he'll hand it right back to me at some point. It might take him a while though since he rides owns a black bike.
FIFY ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #423 on: April 12, 2012, 01:35:16 PM »
Hahahahaha oh okay! I'm still a noobie to these forums so I'm not really sure who knows one another and who doesn't!

You're doing great for a newbie Ryan. Look at your post count, you have more posts than some guys who've been here for years.    :o

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #424 on: April 12, 2012, 01:36:53 PM »
You mean since May of last year, don't you? ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #425 on: April 12, 2012, 01:39:11 PM »
'Round these parts it becomes obvious pretty quick who the trolls are, they're the ones getting piled on by everyone else, well, other then bike color choice, we just pick on ZG (Jay) because we love him ;D  Hopefully his battery isn't dead so we can meet up this weekend ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #426 on: April 12, 2012, 01:39:15 PM »
You mean since May of last year, don't you? ;)

Well, yeah. But those guys that I'm talking about had zero post counts even BC*

*Before Crash

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #427 on: April 12, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
'Round these parts it becomes obvious pretty quick who the trolls are, they're the ones getting piled on by everyone else, well, other then bike color choice, we just pick on ZG (Jay) because we love him ;D  Hopefully his battery isn't dead so we can meet up this weekend ;)
If he bought a set of tools we might let up a little, but it's just to much fun to stop.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #428 on: April 12, 2012, 01:44:43 PM »
Well, yeah. But those guys that I'm talking about had zero post counts even BC*

*Before Crash

;D

By the way, I ordered new set of gear.  Your CC is coming in handy.... :P
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #429 on: April 12, 2012, 02:01:36 PM »
;D

By the way, I ordered new set of gear.  Your CC is coming in handy.... :P

I hope that you bought the top of the line? While you're at it, get your wife something nice too.

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #430 on: April 12, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »
that pic of the connie all the way on her side shows how big of a girl she is. 

Ryan, i think you guys have a pretty cool product on your hands.  i'm definitely in for a set front and back when you get the front ready.
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #431 on: April 12, 2012, 02:08:25 PM »
I think the potato launcher pulled her over  ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #432 on: April 12, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
that pic of the connie all the way on her side shows how big of a girl she is. 

Ryan, i think you guys have a pretty cool product on your hands.  i'm definitely in for a set front and back when you get the front ready.

If you think that she looks big in that pic, just wait till you're looking at your own C14 laying on her side in front of you. She looks like a whale then. Don't ask me how I know...   :'(

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #433 on: April 12, 2012, 02:43:44 PM »

If he bought a set of tools we might let up a little, but it's just to much fun to stop.

:)   :grouphug:     
Now stop loving on me, there's plenty of me to go around...  :-[ ;) :chugbeer:

Come on Sparky, get your guys back on track mod, back to the cage design and tipping Connie's over guys...  ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #434 on: April 12, 2012, 02:47:17 PM »
Why, do you think you're special?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #435 on: April 12, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
As you can see the lower-front portion of the bar is slightly off the ground when the rear guards hit. We're going to make a few minor changes so both bars hit simultaneously.

Interesting, I wonder what those changes will be :)   Looks like the cage either has to go down lower or project off the bike more.  Either change could really mess with the aesthetics.  Of course, there is no point in having them at all if they don't work right!

In fact, the second set of photos are a good testament as to why I believe our current Canyon Cage design is better than the design of the Top Blocks. With the Top Blocks, the entire upper portion of the fairing would be in jeopardy if you "rocked" the bike all the way over as we've done in the second set of photos. Although, that's a discussion for another thread.

Actually, it is something I already pointed out at least a few times in other threads  ::)   Nice to see someone validating what I was saying!

Now that we've seen how the bars will hit I'm hoping we can go ahead with drop testing once we make the few changes to the lower-front portion of the Canyon Cage. It looks like these bars are really going to hold up well, though!

The suspense is killing us!  I couldn't wait to get home from work today so I could see the progress :)  Thanks for the pics and updates.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #436 on: April 12, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »
Why, do you think you're special?

Not as special as you sir...  ;)   

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #437 on: April 12, 2012, 03:06:27 PM »
Interesting, I wonder what those changes will be :)   Looks like the cage either has to go down lower or project off the bike more.  Either change could really mess with the aesthetics.  Of course, there is no point in having them at all if they don't work right!

The suspense is killing us!  I couldn't wait to get home from work today so I could see the progress :)  Thanks for the pics and updates.

Hahahaha well, I'm glad this is an interesting thread that you guys are enjoying following! I'm certainly enjoying building these bars and collaborating with all of you so I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it as well!

I agree that any minor changes could really mess with aesthetics but I'm doing my best to incorporate these changes with as little change to the looks of the bar as possible. I believe we're going to try to simply extend the bar out roughly 5/8". That's really all the room we need. If the bar remains precisely as it is, just moved out slightly, I think we should be okay as far as aesthetics are concerned. I know you guys would like to keep these as close to the fairings as possible but there's no point in protection if it doesn't protect the way it should. Also, they're so close to the fairings as it is that we have plenty of room to play around with. I don't think moving the bar out 5/8" is enough to really destroy the current good looks of the bar but that's just one mans opinion. It's difficult to tell what it's going to do to the looks until the bar is actually tacked into place. Hopefully they have those changes done shortly so I can snap a few more photos and then we can all see how it looks!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #438 on: April 12, 2012, 03:32:28 PM »

Now stop loving on me, there's plenty of me to go around...  :-[ ;) :chugbeer:

We know J, we know.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #439 on: April 12, 2012, 03:37:22 PM »

If you guys will recall my MCE rears and GSG slider thread with the plywood, this is the same thing that was going on when the ply wouldn't touch the GSG while the ply was touching the MCE rear and both tires.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=7939.msg95774#msg95774