Author Topic: UPDATED Sun Burned my LCD Display  (Read 16450 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Sun Burned my LCD Display
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 09:47:16 AM »
Hmmmm  :nut s:

oops and yea I'm nuts
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 09:58:15 AM »
We know.
LOL
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 04:54:06 PM »
If you go that route you may want to pop a stock windshield back on....just sayn'

Although I agree, nowhere did 556Alpha say he was using a non-stock windshield...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »
Attached Photo:

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »
The way I remember the branding issue the consensus was that the edges of the OEM shield were maginfying the sun's rays and if the angle of the sun was right the black plastic got overheated. People were sanding the edges to make them dull. The odd thing in my case was when I went to sand my edges they were already very dull. Nevertheless, when I remember to, I drapemy jacket or a cloth over the panel or shield.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »
Looking at your picture, the branding issue that I recall was different, more like a line burned into the plastic.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 04:06:32 AM »
Yeah, that looks more like you got hit with a laser beam or some kid with a magnifying glass was looking for ants on your dash. Unfortunately the only fix is to replace the dash assembly and all that entails.  The odo will change as well.  Take it to the dealer and let them sort it out.

I agree with Lather, that's different than what we've seen here so far but it's still the same sort of thing.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 05:02:51 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 10:53:21 AM »
Just park in the shade from now on and quit bitchin'........!
Ninjawarrior

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »
Attached Photo:

:yikes: 

Yikes, that's no good!

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »
Looks like someone took a torch or lighter to that thing.  Wow!
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 02:25:08 PM »
Attached Photo:

That pic looks like something behind the dash tried to catch fire.  If nothing else, the dealer should be checking what is directly behind and below that spot for safeties sake.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 04:30:58 PM »
Attached Photo:

Wow!  That is horrible!  I would be very upset, indeed!

(By the way, you should resize to something not so insane before posting... perhaps 1600x max?)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »
Wow, that is nasty. There have been quite a few branded dashes and instruments reported here on these bikes but that is the worst one I have seen. The tach. needle on mine has a small melted spot on the side opposite the needle itself but it is only about 1/8" in diameter.

You could cover the dash in the future to prevent that if you want- I find an old dried- up rodent works best to keep the sun off the dash.

Brian

Attached Photo:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 06:52:47 PM »
Thanks for all the constructive and the one not so constructive comments.  I will call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.  The intention of my post here was to be informative.  GEEZ, some of you guys really need a life.

I'd rather have a sense of humor than a life.   ;)
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »
I'd rather have a sense of humor than a life.   ;)

Oops, I think he developed that sense and deleted the comment you replied to :)

Personally, I do find that rat thing pretty disgusting and not quite funny... but it takes all kinds.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 09:50:38 PM »
WTF???? :o
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
Wow, that is nasty. There have been quite a few branded dashes and instruments reported here on these bikes but that is the worst one I have seen. The tach. needle on mine has a small melted spot on the side opposite the needle itself but it is only about 1/8" in diameter.

You could cover the dash in the future to prevent that if you want- I find an old dried- up rodent works best to keep the sun off the dash.

Brian

^^^^ that is animal abuse! 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 09:04:48 AM »
Just don't turn him loose and turn a gun on yourself.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Summit670

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 10:26:55 AM »

Brian

That looks like a mini T-Rex.  ;D
Arctic Cat M8 163 rules

Sleds, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes.  Heck, I guess if it has handlebars I'll give it a try.