Author Topic: 2010 Concours Instrument Panel  (Read 3747 times)

Offline chap

2010 Concours Instrument Panel
« on: March 11, 2015, 01:37:50 PM »
I have a cluster from my 2010 Concours. It is in perfect condition showing 14,641 Miles. The reason for sale is I installed a km cluster because I am in Canada. This is for the ABS Bike. The list price new is $1039 USD. I am asking half of that $550 USD shipping included. You are responsible for any import fees etc as it will be shipped from Canada. Paypal would be the best method of payment
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: 2010 Concours Instrument Panel
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 02:18:31 PM »
Hi, I thought the indicated mileage for our bikes is stored in the bike's ECU?
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 02:25:47 PM »
No, it is in the electronics in the display. Those folks who have had a gauge cluster replaced due to the melted needles, melted bezel, ad nauseum, get a certificate showing the actual mileage on the bike (paper) but the new display shows -0- miles. I was told the same thing about swapping out my cluster because I also have the melted indicator needle and Kawi was willing to replace it under warranty.

By the way, if I did not have it replaced but am re- thinking that as I approach 100,000 miles. It would be cool to have the odometer effectively reset at exactly 100K ( I would make sure to swap the cluster out when it was exactly there even if I had to ride around the block 42 times  ;) ). Makes the mental calculations easy when asked 'how many miles on that thing' and saves precious mental resources for really important stuff like the gestation period of a yak (258 days).

Brian

Hi, I thought the indicated mileage for our bikes is stored in the bike's ECU?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 02:45:51 PM »
Is that an Asian or African yak?

Offline chap

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 02:49:49 PM »
As Brian Says. My new cluster started at 0 Miles (or in my case km). So the mileage is definitely stored in the cluster.
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 03:26:47 PM »
No, no, a female Yak. Actually, a pregnant, female yak. They are called a Dri. A male yak is called a Ray. And the baby is called a cow (regardless of sex- they can have sex or not but they are all cows).

Here is a helpful little song to help you remember:

Dri, a Yak, a female Yak.
Ray, the Yak who knocked her up,
Cow, takes 258 full days......

There is more to the song but the rest is pointless.

Brian

Edited to correct the gestation period.... sheesh.

Is that an Asian or African yak?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:04:38 PM by B.D.F. »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 05:14:25 PM »
258?  158?

Hmmm...

2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 05:15:56 PM »
258km is almost the same as 158 miles.

Gestation is 258 in Metric, 158 in Imperial??
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 06:06:31 PM »
I believe all the Imperial Yaks are gone now and most are either Democratic or Republic based. Popular vote and all....  Some of the palaces are still around though:

Yak Party Palace
Event Venue
Address: Narayani Complex, Pulchowk Rd, Lalitpur 44600, Nepal

Brian

258km is almost the same as 158 miles.

Gestation is 258 in Metric, 158 in Imperial??

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 06:07:22 PM »
KiPass!

Now my work in this thread is finished. :-)

Brian

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 06:42:06 PM »
Mine was switched out under warranty but no certificate was given to me by the dealer.  I have photos and the invoices, and it is also documented with Kawasaki so that was enough for me.  Do you think I should call Kawasaki and ask for more documentation?  tks

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 10:29:53 PM »
Nah. Just tell the next potential buyer how many miles are really on the bike and also tell him / her that that number is on file with Kawasaki and can be verified with any dealer.

If they want better documentation than that, they really want a BMW anyway so they know what phase the moon was in for each oil change anyway. Dems guize keeps great records..... :-)

Brian

Mine was switched out under warranty but no certificate was given to me by the dealer.  I have photos and the invoices, and it is also documented with Kawasaki so that was enough for me.  Do you think I should call Kawasaki and ask for more documentation?  tks

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 05:17:38 PM »
lol, I know what you mean.  Thanks!