Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 890079 times)

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2780 on: July 27, 2017, 04:33:38 PM »
I tried to post a pic. Connie's getting her bags packed.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2781 on: July 27, 2017, 05:03:09 PM »
I tried to post a pic. Connie's getting her bags packed.

Yup, photobucket now charges for the feature to post to 3rd party sites.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2782 on: July 27, 2017, 05:08:12 PM »

So just upload the photos to the forum (preferably at a low resolution).  It costs nothing and it will never break or disappear off the posting.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2783 on: July 28, 2017, 06:28:49 AM »
So just upload the photos to the forum (preferably at a low resolution).  It costs nothing and it will never break or disappear off the posting.

Did you really say never?   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2784 on: July 28, 2017, 08:35:26 AM »
I noticed that but did not want to point it out. But now that you have.....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The ZGGTR forum, rock- solid data storage for over 1/20th of a century.

:P ;D

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2785 on: July 28, 2017, 03:27:10 PM »

Yeah, after I posted that I thought "hmmm, maybe I should re-word that", then thought "nah, I need to go take a nap".
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2786 on: July 29, 2017, 07:17:50 AM »

Yeah, disgusted with that, though I can understand why. All the same, I dumped my Photobucket account after 11 years. Used it solely for forums.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #2787 on: August 06, 2017, 06:27:22 PM »
Pulled a railroad spike out of my tire.  Plugged it.  3000 miles on these Angel GT-A.  Looking good.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2788 on: August 07, 2017, 08:58:28 AM »
Pulled a railroad spike out of my tire.  Plugged it.  3000 miles on these Angel GT-A.  Looking good.

Wow! I've never pulled anything that big from a tire.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2789 on: August 07, 2017, 12:16:05 PM »
So many jokes in there..... SO MANY!

But I will stop with one: What have you pulled something that big from then?

:rotflmao:

"It did not seem that big going in!"

"At first, I did not thing it would even fit but.... after some effort, in it went."

"Wow, this thing is really stuck- I am going to need bigger tools....".

Did anybody think I could really stop at just one? And there are dozens, nay, HUNDREDS more lurking.  ;D ;D

And this, on the same day Haroldo posts again in what is shaping up to be an epic, 'Haroldo sized' thread? C'mon, you are killing me!

Brian

Wow! I've never pulled anything that big from a tire.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2790 on: August 07, 2017, 01:00:36 PM »
 :rotflmao: I knew I should have added "easy boys!"

Offline Tree

« Reply #2791 on: August 07, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »
:rotflmao: I knew I should have added "easy boys!"

Too late!  Funny tho.

Offline Impster

« Reply #2792 on: August 11, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »
Installed a set of Techspec snakeskin pads and a Vance and Hines CS One slip on.

The grips definitely help with the sliding forward on braking and the 2 seconds of idle on the CS One sounded really nice. I have to wait for the RTV sealer at the header connect point to cure though. I didn't have to do that, it was just for a little insurance. :)
----
2016 Concourse 14 (Black), Corbin seat, Murph's risers, T-Rex lowering links and kickstand

Offline Tree

« Reply #2793 on: August 14, 2017, 10:41:25 AM »

OK, so I didn't do it today...  I found that the plug wasn't sealing the hole (Easy!) and I had a slow leak.  There simply wasn't enough cross-sectional "meat" for the plug to provide a good seal.  I did manage to apply a patch this past Friday and all is well.  I didn't have a Warm-N-Fuzzy feeling about the plug anyhow but it did provide a good emergency fix... So thanks for not saying what I was thinking.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:31:08 AM by Tree »

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2794 on: August 15, 2017, 04:58:50 PM »
Over the last week or so have spooned on new tires, changed oil, changed diffential fluid and changed adjustments on suspension. Mine were set at the 150 # rider specs. Of course it decided to rain now. Excited to experiment with the settings.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2795 on: August 25, 2017, 07:10:34 PM »
I sold the last remaining piece of my totaled 08 to a scrap  metal recycler. The infamous potato launcher! Also the pl from my new (to me) 08, the oem exhaust from my 99 vfr and that from the wife's Ninja 500. Plus a batch of used lawn mower blades. 80 lbs of metal. Going price is $135 per ton? Do the math...
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2796 on: August 26, 2017, 10:13:21 AM »
80 lbs of metal. Going price is $135 per ton? Do the math...

Hmmmm...you know we aren't that bright..right Bob? I tried anyway, and I think that if you didn't get at least $5.40 you were cheated. Still there are those that complain so much about the Potato Launcher's weight and size (a little excessively IMO) it's nice to know that two of them plus more didn't exceed a ton in weight.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2797 on: August 26, 2017, 12:59:09 PM »
Hmmmm...you know we aren't that bright..right Bob? I tried anyway, and I think that if you didn't get at least $5.40 you were cheated. Still there are those that complain so much about the Potato Launcher's weight and size (a little excessively IMO) it's nice to know that two of them plus more didn't exceed a ton in weight.
I just KNEW I was getting shafted! Got a check for only 4.82 :-[
But it was actually kinda fun. They had me drive my van up a ramp onto a scale, then to the scrap pile where a guy unloaded me, then back on the scale. My ticket says Gross 5,860 Tare 5,780 Net 80 Price 135.0000/GT Total $ 4.82
Maybe the unloader gets a cut???
The $4.82 almost paid for my gas and now I know how much my van weighs ::)

edit: A quick google reveals that GT stands for Gross Ton or Long Ton or Metric Ton which is 2,240 lbs not 2000.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2798 on: August 26, 2017, 01:05:23 PM »
Yeah, huh? $1 billion dollars worth of ugly only brings $2 worth of folding money.

If the scrap yard was much of any distance away, it would cost more in fuel than it was worth, never mind considering if he got hungry on the way and stopped to buy something to eat....

I never thought they were that ugly myself and they are excellent at being quiet. And no exposed rivets, which is always a sign of decent craftsmanship IMO.

Brian

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2799 on: August 26, 2017, 03:09:10 PM »
The $4.82 almost paid for my gas and now I know how much my van weighs ::)
edit: A quick google reveals that GT stands for Gross Ton or Long Ton or Metric Ton which is 2,240 lbs not 2000.

OK, that works math wise, at least they are honest. Still, when you think that you gave them two bazookas and then search on eBay at what some are trying to sell them for
....makes one wonder if you did the right thing? Cheapest I saw was $45.99 plus shipping.... ;D...wait for it...........waaaait................

..........$52.25 for shipping ;D ;D  ::) ..total: $98.24  ::)

You probably got what the mower blades were worth if that helps any. :(