Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889401 times)

Offline Ghost Rider 2

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2680 on: May 25, 2017, 04:46:58 AM »
  Did a windshield swap on mine.  Had a National Vstream, Installed a  Cal/Sai. Then as luck would have its way rain started pouring down.  Maybe test ride tomorrow.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2681 on: May 26, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »
New PR4GT set mounted!  Washed it really well before taking it to shop and now will wax it and such.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Impster

« Reply #2682 on: May 26, 2017, 05:04:38 PM »
Bought it!  8)

Imp
----
2016 Concourse 14 (Black), Corbin seat, Murph's risers, T-Rex lowering links and kickstand

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2683 on: May 26, 2017, 05:15:43 PM »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2684 on: May 27, 2017, 04:14:59 AM »
Bought it!  8)

Imp

And hopefully rode it! Welcome!
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2685 on: May 27, 2017, 10:48:35 AM »
One week ago, I couldnt spell rotator cuff, and now I have great knowledge of them

Heal quickly young lady.

But what tires should I use with the new style sensors? I hear that Bridgestone are really the best.

I think Im done riding for a little while. I took the express route down a flight of stairs at work and now have rotator cuff damage to deal with. One week ago,...

Hmmmm...when I look at those dates the word karma pops in my head. Nicole did you get injured before that post or after....fellow pot stirrers need to know.  :) ???

Offline Impster

« Reply #2686 on: May 27, 2017, 02:18:40 PM »
And hopefully rode it! Welcome!

Oh, indeed. I'm at about 300 miles in two days. It's painful keeping the thing at 3,000 RPM or so.

Imp
----
2016 Concourse 14 (Black), Corbin seat, Murph's risers, T-Rex lowering links and kickstand

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2687 on: May 27, 2017, 03:10:37 PM »
It's painful keeping the thing at 3,000 RPM or so.

Imp

The Owner's manual says you can go to 4000 RPM during the first 500 miles....or is that what you mean by "...or so"?

Offline Impster

« Reply #2688 on: May 27, 2017, 03:44:40 PM »
The Owner's manual says you can go to 4000 RPM during the first 500 miles....or is that what you mean by "...or so"?

Reading comprehension fail on my part! Argh. No idea where I got my "3,000" value from. sigh.
::banghead::

Thanks for the heads up!

Imp
----

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #2689 on: May 27, 2017, 05:49:41 PM »
New PR4GT set mounted!  Washed it really well before taking it to shop and now will wax it and such.

May I ask where you had the work one?  thanks

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2690 on: May 27, 2017, 09:39:50 PM »
May I ask where you had the work one?  thanks

Precision Motorcycle.  Half the price of Sunrise and with better customer service and faster too.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2691 on: May 28, 2017, 10:03:09 AM »

As predicted, violent thunderstorms early evening yesterday.  Quite a light show.

Went for a few hour ride today, first since new set.  Wow- It is easy to forget just how nice new tires can be....  just holds a corner like on rails with no effort.  The worn out set had me building bigger arm muscles trying to force it to stay cornering (wanted to stand up).

Postponed trip to see Mom from today until tomorrow since supposedly more violent thunderstorms this afternoon, and now the forecast changed AGAIN, to *also* include thunderstorms tomorrow as well.  Can't seem to win.  Now that I have tread again, I guess I will just take my Gortex with me.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #2692 on: May 28, 2017, 09:07:54 PM »
Precision Motorcycle.  Half the price of Sunrise and with better customer service and faster too.

gotcha, took mine there for tires last time.  Thanks

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #2693 on: May 28, 2017, 09:15:21 PM »
I actually bought my Concours 14 back from the person I sold it to.  He had it for about a year and a half, feels good to have it back.   Spent the day cleaning and setting it up.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 01:43:02 PM by 556ALPHA »

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2694 on: May 29, 2017, 04:15:53 PM »
After several months of procrastinating, I finally broke down and took apart the gas cap lock. Cleaned it up, getting rid of that white powder (I'll bet that stuff doesn't do anybody any good at all, especially if you cook it up and inject it  :yikes: ) and lubed it with that aviation lube (stuff is very, very sticky, but it plays well with gasoline). Shot a little bit of Dry Lock (from 3 in 1) down the keyhole, and put a little bit around the vent springs as well.

That ought to do for awhile....
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2695 on: May 29, 2017, 08:32:09 PM »
What seat is that.?

I actually bought my Concours 14 back from the person I sold it to.  He had it for about a year and a half, feels good to have it back.   Spent the day cleaning and setting it up.

2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #2696 on: May 30, 2017, 06:32:06 AM »
Russell for rear portion, front portion stock but covered.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2697 on: May 31, 2017, 05:20:10 PM »
Got her rear ended by a pretty young girl in a Toyota today. Was behind a short line of cars on a rural road, everyone slowed for the first car to make a left turn, except the girl behind me. I heard squealing tires and looked in the mirror and saw an orange sedan closing fast. I let of the brakes and swerved right onto the shoulder to avoid the pickup truck in front of me but felt an impact and saw something fly past on my right into the ditch. That was my right saddle bag. I came to a stop and parked. The other vehicle and three witnesses also stopped. The Toyota had a lot of front end damage.  Eveyone was amazed I did not go down, including me.

I had pinned my bags but the left pin had recently been lost and replaced with a zip tie. That broke, allowing the bag to fly off. Both of the orange latches were snapped off. The pin on the left bag was pretzeled but held, the bag pivoting on it and sticking straight up. The license plate is mildy crumpled and at first I thought the rear fender was mangled as it looked sideways and all crazy. Further inspection showed it was ok, just had a piece of Toyota inner fender wrapped around it! My sweet Area P CF slip on was broken in two

Had four different LEO jurisdictions on hand, very helpful. Two were riders themselves. One provided some very large zip ties (probably used as cuffs in other scenarios) to secure my bags as well as the Toyota's fender.
The biker leos hung around after the paperwork to make sure I could ride home ok. When I cranked her up they both said in unison: "sound great!" lol

Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2698 on: May 31, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »
 :yikes: You've got a helluva streak going. Ever been struck by lightning? Be careful out there.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2699 on: May 31, 2017, 07:51:10 PM »
Geez!  Glad you're ok!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.