Author Topic: This forum is dead dead dead  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« on: October 03, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:12:41 PM by knight_mare »

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: Strengthening the centerstand - ideas?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 01:46:25 PM »
Maybe you should ask the passenger to get off for now on and also take the anvils out of the luggage and top box.  Besides that, I got nothing besides maybe adding (welding) an additional strip of steel on the outside where your others have broke if that is possible.  I don't think "filling" it will give it any real strength.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Dan in Grand Rapids

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 03:07:23 PM »
I broke my center stand about 3 years ago and bought a used one off Ebay. The new one arrived and I noticed that there was crinkling in the paint where the other one broke, so I had a buddy weld some braces on it. It is pretty tough now and I do not worry about breaking it anymore. Here is a picture of the plate that is welded. Look on the right side of the pic and you can see the thick plate added as a brace. I have recently looked at the centerstand and there are no signs of stress on welds or metal. I always park the bike on the centerstand. I don't know about injecting something into the centerstand, but this worked for me.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:47:50 AM by Dan in Grand Rapids »
1997 Concours
1999 KLR 650

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »
I broke my center stand about 3 years ago and bought a used one off Ebay. The new one arrived and I noticed that there was crinkling in the paint where the other one broke, so I had a buddy weld some braces on it. It is pretty tough now and I do not worry about breaking it anymore. Here is a picture of the plate that is welded. Look on the right side of the pic and you can see the thick plate added as a brace. I have recently looked at the centerstand and there are no signs of stress on welds or metal. I always park the bike on the centerstand. I don't know about injecting something into the centerstand, but this worked for me.
The stock centerstand is crappy- your fix is the way to go!!
The only fix for light steel is to add some heavier

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:13:11 PM by knight_mare »