Author Topic: I did it!!  (Read 12219 times)

Offline Xelvic

Re: I did it!!
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 07:16:39 PM »
Yep, it is a pain.  For my Infiniti G37, I just went to the Infiniti site, gave it my credit card, and downloaded a nice, universally-compatible PDF file.  Easy as pie and very convenient.  I think Kawasaki is just so paranoid that people are not going to buy it, they refuse to release the PDF.  Of course, it leaked out, anyway..... and I am sure you can find illegal copies on Ebay and other places too.  (But if you buy the real manual and then end up snarfing the PDF, you are on very high moral ground, regardless of technicalities.)

On the Virginia coast (and many areas), not only does it get hot, although not as hot as there, the humidity can be a nightmare.  If you haven't ridden even in the 90's but with 70-80% humidity, then you don't know what it is like to be truly hot.  When I get off the bike, I feel like I have gone through a rainstorm I am so wet.  Like they say "it's not the heat, it's the humidity" and it is true.  Sticky, wet, stifling.  Without effective evaporation, cooling of the body is very difficult.  That is why I haven't ridden much in the last two months.

Nope, I'll buy it legally.  Copyright protection is just that; the owner of the intellectual property  loses money for every illegal copy sold. I love the U.S.A and if I support buying illegal copies than we'll be turning into China. I just thought Kawi would've sold a digital version. It's so nice to have the search function in the PDF, or be able to print just the page you need for the job you want to do.

Now to the heat thing. In most cases you'd be right about the dry heat. However, we are in the middle of our Monsoon season, which is the only time of the year we really get any rain. So... not only do we have the 110+ degree heat, but we also have the high humidity to go along with it. It truly is a living hell. When I rode today it felt like a hair dryer blowing in my face while in a closed bathroom with someone taking a shower. Not fun at all!!
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 07:18:44 PM »
Congrats! Just remember, defend your kiPass to the last! (until you get another FOB, that is)... :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  *LIKE* 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  *LIKE* 

Ha Ha, ok what the hell... someone let me in on this Kipass joke, or at least give me a link explaining it. I want to play too!!  :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »
Ha Ha, ok what the hell... someone let me in on this Kipass joke, or at least give me a link explaining it. I want to play too!!  :)
You just think you want to play.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=search2

Offline pistole

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2012, 08:15:21 PM »
- new bikes only come with one fob and one emergency spare.

- and this bike really rewards a good riding posture. If you want the upright riding position , maybe this bike will be a struggle.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 08:42:21 PM »
- and this bike really rewards a good riding posture.

Well, "good" is in the back of the beholder....

If you want the upright riding position , maybe this bike will be a struggle.

It is actually not too bad- just add some risers.  Certainly not upright like a true standard, but enough to be accommodating to most people.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 08:50:53 PM »
- and this bike really rewards a good riding posture. If you want the upright riding position , maybe this bike will be a struggle.

Take no offense to this, but this isn't my first rodeo. I've owned 5 bikes before this one and think I know about riding posture. These bike are not made for a one size fits all. You think someone that's 6'5  and 220 pounds will have the same riding posture as someone 5'4 and 120 pounds? No... it's impossible. I'm 6 foot 220 and will get the posture I want by adding the accessories that I need that "will" make "my" body feel the most comfortable. Looking around on different forums, it would seem that probably 80 percent of C14 owners add some kind of farkle to accommodate their riding position to make "them" more comfortable.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »

These are not the droids you're looking for...

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2012, 09:04:50 PM »

These are not the droids you're looking for...

Ohhhhhh for the love of it!!! WTF!!!! You guys are killing me with this!!!

Offline okxd45

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2012, 09:08:52 PM »
All in good time young padawan.... ;D
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2012, 04:38:17 AM »
 :rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2012, 05:02:52 AM »
You guys know where I can find a service manual at? I would prefer a digital copy as they seem to be much cheaper and easier to navigate on the computer. On a side note, I want to get out and ride today but we just got a heat advisory that it's going to be 110 degrees. I love this bike, but that's just too damn hot to ride!! I guess I'll just be searching the internet for farkles instead.

Check the foresale section of this board, they show up there from time to time. I have not seen an electronic version for the 2nd gen bikes. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2012, 06:37:25 AM »
Congrats and welcome!
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline julianm

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »
Congratulations on your purchase and hope you have many happy miles on it. I had almost exactly the same problems when first riding my 2010.I put on 2 inch Genmar risers and the seat mods and cushion below which eliminated the shoulder pain, leg cramps and squashed boys.

HANDLE BAR Risers - Search the forum for Phil's wedges and see whether they may not be part of the answer particularly for wrist problems. Fortunately I didn't have this problem but a lot of members did. While Phil no longer makes them they are available at Murph's (http://www.murphskits.com) and may be used in conjunction with risers. I did see a site where the wedge angle was incorporated into the riser but cannot find it now.

LOOKING AFTER THE BOYS. - I thought that I was the only one who had this problem , sympathies to a fellow sufferer. Here is what I did to make it a bit better.
1. Boxers did not provide adequate support so I tried out various brand and designs until I found one that helped. It almost like a pair of Jockey skants but lifts them out of the way.
2. I had the front of my saddle flattened and had a piece of very soft foam put in the middle running length ways. This foam did not really help as the vinyl prevents it sinking in. I then made a cushion after seeing the latest Airhawk design using 38 mm soft memory foam with a cut out . This I put into a cover  made by my wife with some straps . See pics below.(Sorry , converting to PDF's which cut the size affects the orientation- haven't worked how to fix it)  As the material on the cover is a bit loose it allows a bit of room and creates a welcome space.
You may find as well that the cushion which lifts you up a bit will also help with the leg cramps.

Offline roadPilot

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »
Congrats!  Now grab the best farkel of them all:  A new Phil's rack!

http://www.philsfarkels.com

This was the first thing I added.  In fact, I ordered it and had it in my hands BEFORE I got my C14!  I run a Givi 46L Monokey topcase, so the SW Motech kit (pre-installed) was a must - and a Godsend.

Throttlemeister, of course.

And,  yes, the Techmount GPS mounting system
http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=130_133&products_id=308

Offline RED121572

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 09:01:40 AM »
Well boys, I'm officially part of the club!!!

I'm getting close to following your lead. I've had my FJR for 6 great years. But, I'm itching for something thats a tad bit bigger and with a little more ooomph.....
06' FJR1300
--------------
"Something is not quite stirring the kool-aid"
-IBA 47245-

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »

All you have to know is that KIPASS is "The finest authentication system ever employed on any car or motorcycle."

Now where have I seen that before...