Author Topic: Has anyone else had an issue with headlight condensation?  (Read 2422 times)

Offline PlaynInPeoria

Has anyone else had an issue with headlight condensation?
« on: July 21, 2016, 06:13:09 AM »
https://flic.kr/p/Jp1NXs

I noticed this recently, I don't know if it's normal or a bad thing?
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Has anyone else had an issue with headlight condensation?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 06:48:29 AM »
I've never seen it on mine.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 01:41:36 PM »
Nope.... mines fine....
When you did your HID conversion did you muck up the rubber boots that seal the rear??? Only way that could happen...
Id pull the lamps, get the bike in the sun, and dry the shells out with a hairdryer completely, and install the lamps and boots paying close attention to getting them sealed...
The shiney coating on the reflectors can and does succumb to corrosion after a time, if not sealed...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 02:55:48 PM »
I've never seen it on mine.

Me neither, on mine.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 07:48:41 PM »
Dude! I've seen that before. I think your high beam fluid is leaking inside of your housing.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline angelo

• Some Ride Reports
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 08:27:22 PM »
Just started happening to mine this past week in the ozarks.  Haven't changed a bulb- got the bike last summer and have been in rain before.  Was assuming the seals along the edge leaked.  08 30k miles btw. 

Offline EZ

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 08:45:14 AM »
My 2012 just hit 46k.  I had HID issues on my trip out west (ballast failed on right side) and I removed the boot to swap in a new built to try the easy fix first.  Didn't fix it but I have washed it recently , maybe I didn't get the boot sealed properly.  I will attempt MOB's solution and report back. 
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 03:06:03 PM »
I pulled tell rubber covers and let it air out, seems fine now.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 03:11:20 PM »
Whatever you do, don't let the smoke out of the electrical system!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.