Author Topic: Helmet Lock for ratchet-type chin straps  (Read 5974 times)

Offline Hayeshfc

Helmet Lock for ratchet-type chin straps
« on: May 29, 2011, 10:32:56 AM »
Anybody aware of a helmet lock that will work with the European micro-ratchet chin straps? Since there is no D-ring the standard ones will not work.

Bob

Re: Helmet Lock for ratchet-type chin straps
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »
If your speaking of the Nolan style latch. I use one of these through the latch, then lock it on the bike. They work great. There are other brands and styles out there!

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/helmet-lock-extension

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 01:01:22 PM »
I bought some substantial "split key-rings" and thread them through the strap. From a distance they look like normal D-rings and I use that to lock the helmets. Won't stop a determined thief, but to most casual observers they look secure.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 04:29:21 PM »
i set my shoei on the right rearview mirror and hope for the best, so far so good  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 10:11:06 PM »
i set my shoei on the right rearview mirror and hope for the best, so far so good  ;D
I do that sometimes, but almost always get My mirror sweaty from the cushion in the helmet. I guess I'm a sweaty pig. LOL
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

YoDoc

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 11:35:25 PM »
standard cable lock through the "facehole" if it's a full-face helmet. I used to carry a long one to lock my jacket and helmet to my Harley.