Author Topic: Performance Advice  (Read 2541 times)

Offline ConnerNA

• Why do they clap for the daily double?
    • BBQ Basics
Performance Advice
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:37:52 AM »
OK, so I know I want the AreaP full system, I also understand I should take my flies out, change my air filter and install some sort of power commander.

Am I missing anything? What kind model of power commander should I get and I assume K&N filter??? Is there anything else should remove from the stock system besides the flies? I know there was somekind of smog protection system I removed from my old roadstar did not know if there was something like that on this that I should also remove.

Thanks

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Performance Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:00:33 AM »

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:10:40 AM »
When ya talk with Fuelmoto, ask about the benefits of an auto tune, seemed like a no brainer to me so I did it and have no regrets.  Just get the whole package from Jaime at fuel moto, awesome service, awesome product.

Offline ConnerNA

• BBQ Basics
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:58:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice! Got with Jamie and I am working on getting the hookup!! Selling my 94 ZX6E to fund the upgrades :) Think I might have a buyer soon, however the full area P systems are on back order for the next few weeks so not sure when I will get everything in.

Does anyone have pics of the flies and removing them?

My plan is to video the whole process installing the PC pipes and flies removal.

Offline ConnerNA

• BBQ Basics
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »
Also thinking about painting my new exhaust with this before I put it on?

Thoughts?

http://www.vhtpaint.com/flameproof.html

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 02:40:02 PM »
I carefully cleaned and degreased mine before painting it with some high temp, ceramic type, semi gloss header paint, after 30,000+ miles it still looks OK, at least after I wash her 8)