Author Topic: Kawasaki Decal  (Read 7257 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Kawasaki Decal
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 07:33:34 PM »
The Ebay knockoffs are probably not the same quality (could be inferior adhesive or less chrome coating), but who knows.  Might be worth a try at THAT price!

I have seen these in excellent quality
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Flienlow

• 2010 C-14 BLUE
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 08:23:44 PM »
Photo

MAXtog- what is the distance from the bottom of the letters to the bottom edge? It looks like if I just draw a strait line from the "I" up to the corner of the fairing I will have the left and right distance.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 09:22:13 PM »
Thanks Guys, that helps me out a lot! I am going to wait for a warmer day to put on.

Please note that ZG's photo is not a gen 2 and not even stock (aftermarket letters, I believe) and applied after repainting.  Not that it has to be exact or anything ;)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 09:27:13 PM »
MAXtog- what is the distance from the bottom of the letters to the bottom edge? It looks like if I just draw a strait line from the "I" up to the corner of the fairing I will have the left and right distance.

Sorry, I just pulled out stored photos and zoomed.
But it is scale.  I opened it in LibreOffice Draw, measured and confirmed.... it is exactly as high from the bottom as the lowercase letters are tall.   Left and right is easy, since you can see the screws above.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 09:57:41 PM »
Please note that ZG's photo is not a gen 2 and not even stock (aftermarket letters, I believe)

All years C14 have the same Kawi badge on the mids Spock, mine are oem, but yes painted black.  ;) :)  8)

Offline Flienlow

• 2010 C-14 BLUE
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 10:41:49 PM »
Sorry, I just pulled out stored photos and zoomed.
But it is scale.  I opened it in LibreOffice Draw, measured and confirmed.... it is exactly as high from the bottom as the lowercase letters are tall.   Left and right is easy, since you can see the screws above.

THANKS!!!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 04:06:54 AM »

All years C14 have the same Kawi badge on the mids Spock, mine are oem, but yes painted black.  ;) :) 8)

Optical allusion then?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline cablebandit

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 07:12:14 AM »
Optical allusion then?

Nope...Gen 1 mid vs Gen 2 mid.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 02:49:08 PM »