Author Topic: TPMS options?  (Read 16999 times)

Offline Scaffolder

Re: TPMS options?
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2014, 05:38:29 AM »
I was just launching up on to a highway in Peabody, Mass. Off from Rt. 1 and onto I95 N. A great place to get up to speed fast. I get up around 85 mph or so ( a good commuting speed) and the TPS warning starts flashing and showing pressure. First was 25psi, then 16psi a couple seconds later, and then 8psi as I am rolling to a stop. Was ready to $#!+ my pants not knowing if it was the front tire or rear and trying to stop fast while switching four lanes.
I had 3 separate holes to plug up and 1 took 3 sticky ropes. A tattoo artist/Harley rider and his colorful girl friend stopped their VW Westfella to help me out. Great people! They had a bicycle pump that I was happy to kill myself with while pumping up the tire.  And I was on my way home.
Had the tire changed out under my tire insurance plan for free.
Bottom line is that the TPS could have saved me from a rough landing (maybe not). A tire gauge in your pocket isn't going to help you out much.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2014, 06:30:32 AM »
I was just launching up on to a highway in Peabody, Mass. Off from Rt. 1 and onto I95 N. A great place to get up to speed fast. I get up around 85 mph or so ( a good commuting speed) and the TPS warning starts flashing and showing pressure. First was 25psi, then 16psi a couple seconds later, and then 8psi as I am rolling to a stop. Was ready to $#!+ my pants not knowing if it was the front tire or rear and trying to stop fast while switching four lanes.
I had 3 separate holes to plug up and 1 took 3 sticky ropes. A tattoo artist/Harley rider and his colorful girl friend stopped their VW Westfella to help me out. Great people! They had a bicycle pump that I was happy to kill myself with while pumping up the tire.  And I was on my way home.
Had the tire changed out under my tire insurance plan for free.
Bottom line is that the TPS could have saved me from a rough landing (maybe not). A tire gauge in your pocket isn't going to help you out much.

It didn't show you which tire was loosing air? Or maybe with everything going on you weren't able to read which one it was?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:37:30 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2014, 07:11:23 AM »
It might have said F or R, but it was a busy 30 seconds.
Joel from Maine.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2014, 10:48:14 AM »
Totally understandable...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.