Author Topic: 2015 C14 Review links...  (Read 22072 times)

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: 2015 C14 Review links...
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 02:06:34 AM »
And he writes for the masses. What a tool. :o
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 09:42:06 AM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 11:47:41 AM »
[youtube]

Not a bad walk-through, kinda windy that day, though!  Not just a comparison of 2015 vs pre-2015, but more of a total overview with some comparative info.  He seems well-versed in the model (far more than it seems any of my local dealers are).    (I refrain from commenting about his pronunciation :).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline FIX UR CRITTER

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 06:36:11 PM »
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/reviews/2015-kawasaki-concours14-abs-first-ride-motorcycle-review

The magazine article appears in the March issue. One big goof in the mag spec sheet though, chain drive? Plus they list the HP and torque numbers in the spec sheet as N/A even though they mention the numbers in their write up. 

First look   http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/news/2015-kawasaki-concours-14-eicma-first-look

am i  the only one confused by this.

They say:
The ultimate backroad supersport tourer.
We say:
In probably its penultimate model year.

WTF does this mean.. Did they hear this is the second to last year of the C14?? or did they just make a stupid blunder? Even a major rework ( which is unlikely) would not be the second to last year of this model. The article says nothing in the main section. Any input any wispers?
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 07:44:16 PM »
WTF does this mean.. Did they hear this is the second to last year of the C14?? or did they just make a stupid blunder? Even a major rework ( which is unlikely) would not be the second to last year of this model. The article says nothing in the main section. Any input any wispers?

You know, when I read it, I didn't even notice that little quote box with that in it.  I have no idea why they would say that.  I seriously doubt this is the next to last Concours.  If anything, it might be the last year of the gen 2, but that is just a guess.  I would ask him why he said that, but there is no listing for a way to contact him.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 03:39:00 AM »

They say:
We say:

They guessed the Word of the Day...

Penultimate - Next to the last

Not sure I like that assessment.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2015, 03:45:39 AM »
 :o

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 03:54:14 AM »

They say:
We say:

I think the key word here is "probably"...

In other words...unlikely, maybe, could be, possibly, or nothing at all...he's just making up a comment that means squat...

And what's up with the word penultimate?...

Must be a COG regular to be using words like that. :o

Rem 8)

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline tomp

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2015, 07:01:33 AM »
I believe the word penultimate, was misused  there.  Many think of ultimate and penultimate to be of a similar definition, but penultimate referring to the "ultimate -ultimate" of something, not next to the ultimate.  Kinda like" irregardless".  hear it used all the time, to replace the word regardless, incorrectly, as irregardless wasn't actually a dictionary word until the recent past, and defined as an improper word replacement for the word regardless.  (Spent much of my life around two aunts that taught high school English for a combined total of 100 years.  Had no choice but to speak and write properly.) 

Today's journalists have little in common with those that came before them, especially in the motorcycle world or the MSM.
Living in the Texas Coast...

elp_jc

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2015, 01:58:35 PM »
In probably its penultimate model year.[/b][/i]
WTF does this mean.
They simply meant 2016 will be the last year of the C14 before a full revision. You see that all the time from journos, and doesn't mean the actual model will be discontinued. As far as the truth of that, it remains to be seen, but I suspect they should be right, as the current iteration is already way long in the tooth at 8 years.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2015, 02:02:14 PM »
" This past weekend we took a fairly long one day (roughly 150 miles) ride....."    :o

150 miles???????   

I take a sport bike out if thats all I'm doing, not worth getting the behemoth bike out of the garage for such a lame trip
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 02:14:20 PM »
Basically to town (Richmond) and back for me...  Hey, but it's all good.

Offline tomp

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 02:58:37 PM »
They simply meant 2016 will be the last year of the C14 before a full revision. You see that all the time from journos, and doesn't mean the actual model will be discontinued. As far as the truth of that, it remains to be seen, but I suspect they should be right, as the current iteration is already way long in the tooth at 8 years.
Perhaps, but Honda has had the ST1300 in it's line since 2002, and Honda fans are still hoping for something new, and the CTX1300 just ain't cutting it, for most buyers.  Suzuki doesn't even offer a true ST.  The new VStrom 1000 is the closest they have.  Their new GSX-S750 naked, all around, street fighter styled model, looks cool. 

With the new R1200RT costing around $8,000 more, the C14 will probably still sell to its select group of buyers as is, for a while to come. Bean counters always win out in the corporate world.  tp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 04:03:29 PM »
Why would ANYONE think that this "journalist" has an inside line on the plans KHI has in store for the Concours? Hell, I think the new one will be out in '17 with a hydrogen powered engine developing 3000 lbs of thrust, zero emissions, and a top speed of Mach I. Until the '18s come out, I could be right.  :doh:     :cannon: Journalists
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 04:20:24 PM »
Why would ANYONE think that this "journalist" has an inside line on the plans KHI has in store for the Concours? Hell, I think the new one will be out in '17 with a hydrogen powered engine developing 3000 lbs of thrust, zero emissions, and a top speed of Mach I. Until the '18s come out, I could be right.  :doh:     :cannon: Journalists
Though not really a journalist, but plays one on TV, he actually made a accurate statement about about himself and so many others that feed us the NEWS.

Offline FIX UR CRITTER

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2015, 06:00:53 PM »
I believe the word penultimate, was misused  there.  Many think of ultimate and penultimate to be of a similar definition, but penultimate referring to the "ultimate -ultimate" of something, not next to the ultimate.  Kinda like" irregardless".  hear it used all the time, to replace the word regardless, incorrectly, as irregardless wasn't actually a dictionary word until the recent past, and defined as an improper word replacement for the word regardless.  (Spent much of my life around two aunts that taught high school English for a combined total of 100 years.  Had no choice but to speak and write properly.) 

Today's journalists have little in common with those that came before them, especially in the motorcycle world or the MSM.

now you got me really confused.. are you saying that the scribe meant to say, " this is the ultimate illustration of the here to fore mentioned contrivance"??
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F

Offline tomp

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2015, 06:02:13 PM »
now you got me really confused.. are you saying that the scribe meant to say, " this is the ultimate illustration of the here to fore mentioned contrivance"??

YES.