Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 728996 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2320 on: March 09, 2016, 04:56:20 AM »
Saw this headline: "Trump defends loyalty pledges at rallies, ‘surprised’ by Hitler comparisons"  and found it pretty amazing. Clearly they are very different- Hitler had a mustache....

::) ;D

Brian

Speaking of Hitler's mustache. Did you know that the reason he sported such a funky mustache was so he didn't have any leaks in his gas mask? 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2321 on: March 09, 2016, 05:43:03 AM »
Yeah, I saw that given as a reason on a TV show not too long ago. Not sure it is correct though because there is a photo of him attending a rally in 1919, well after WWI ended, with a full mustache.

Two things are certain though: that man ruined the toothbrush mustache for all time (have you ever seen one on any person after WWII?) and nobody but nobody names their child Adolph.

He has some relatives apparently living in the US, children of a cousin or something similar. But they use a different last name- not a big surprise there.

Brian

Speaking of Hitler's mustache. Did you know that the reason he sported such a funky mustache was so he didn't have any leaks in his gas mask?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2322 on: March 09, 2016, 06:14:46 AM »
If his moustache had to be THAT short for his gas mask to seal, I want to see that gas mask.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2323 on: March 09, 2016, 06:53:03 AM »
Yes he totally ruined toothbrush mustaches and nobody will ever use his first or last name again but he did give us thousands of funny youtube parody vids.

http://youtu.be/KSD0Mjt64LQ

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2324 on: March 10, 2016, 06:50:58 PM »
The first plan to assassinate Fidel Castro involved poisoning his wetsuit.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tonedeaf1

« Reply #2325 on: March 10, 2016, 08:25:50 PM »
Would it be inappropriate in a thread about nothing to note that the thread has over 380,000 views? (In mean, doesn't that sort of make it less about nothing?)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2326 on: March 10, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
Would it be inappropriate in a thread about nothing to note that the thread has over 380,000 views? (In mean, doesn't that sort of make it less about nothing?)

You are implying that a whole lot of nothing is equal to something.  Must be that "new math" I keep hearing about?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #2327 on: March 11, 2016, 01:55:47 AM »
It's called "creative accounting"!  ;D ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2328 on: March 11, 2016, 04:04:08 AM »

It reflects the will of the people...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2329 on: March 11, 2016, 04:13:35 AM »
It reflects the will of the people...

Are you running for higher office?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2330 on: March 11, 2016, 04:59:02 AM »
Are you running for higher office?

Or just high at the office?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2331 on: March 11, 2016, 05:08:00 AM »
I don't think Jim can run being that he's Canadian or something.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2332 on: March 11, 2016, 05:27:55 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2333 on: March 11, 2016, 05:58:55 AM »
To the both of you.... :battle: And I mean this in the kindest of ways...   Actually it's England, not Canada.  Slight difference.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2334 on: March 11, 2016, 07:20:48 AM »
To the both of you.... :battle: And I mean this in the kindest of ways...   Actually it's England, not Canada.  Slight difference.

Yeah, a little different. The spelling mostly.    ;)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2335 on: March 11, 2016, 07:36:31 AM »
Yeah, a little different. The spelling mostly.    ;)
...and maybe that love/hate relationship with the French.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2336 on: March 11, 2016, 02:57:37 PM »
Actually it's England, not Canada.  Slight difference.

Oh, you mean Britain...
Or perhaps UK....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2337 on: March 11, 2016, 03:20:48 PM »
Oh, you mean Britain...
Or perhaps UK....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10

Max, did you not notice the mandress with the red cross he's wearing? If that's not ole England.....

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2338 on: March 11, 2016, 03:31:24 PM »
I've never heard of English bacon.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2339 on: March 11, 2016, 03:37:56 PM »
Max, did you not notice the mandress with the red cross he's wearing? If that's not ole England.....

You need to watch that video (which is both crazy and yet great).  Someone who is English *is* British!  (Despite that England thinks it is a country, as does Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland, they really aren't by most definitions.  It would be like Virginia claiming it is a country.)