Author Topic: Aerostich "pop out store" in San Francisco  (Read 4502 times)

Offline charles r

Aerostich "pop out store" in San Francisco
« on: March 17, 2013, 03:43:20 AM »
I did a search and didn't see this mentioned...

http://www.aerostich.com/popupsf

I went there today and it was great. This is a great opportunity to finally get to try on all the sizes! Like many people, I bought my 'stich used. and I've felt that even though the online sizing guide says this is the right one, the fit could be better. well, now that I got to try on a bunch of them, I know exactly what I need to order.

Besides the standard roadcrafter, they had their lightweight ones, as well as Dariens, Transits, gloves, and boots. I'm sure most of us have at least seen their gear... but few have had the chance to actually put your fingers on them.
I'll encourage everyone to visit the store if at all possible, even if you don't plan on buying 'stich stuff anytime soon, just for the show of support. I think the pop-out store idea is a great one, and hope they'll repeat it often all around the country.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
Re: Aerostich "pop out store" in San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 07:23:15 AM »
That's a brilliant idea... 
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 07:55:59 AM »
What's a pop out store?
2014 C-14 Red

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 10:53:22 AM »
then rented space just for a short time.
Entire clothing line represented.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Klim has been giving them unrelenting competition
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »
Polaris bought Klim. Very deep pockets, will be tough comp for anybody.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
Nope, buddy and I both bought the Klim Transverse pants, advertised as for the dirt, not so much, won't buy anything Klim related.  And, they don't stand behind their product.  I'll stick with the 'Stitch.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 11:45:45 AM »
SOP, was this recent?

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
I wonder if you could make money as a business model if you had a space DEDICATED to being a pop-up location.  Work with various manufacturers like this in various niche markets.  Advertise the heck out of the "events" locally in whatever niche venues possible...  If you could set up in a dozen large metro areas, you could set a circuit.  Interesting notion.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 01:54:20 PM »
Polaris bought Klim. Very deep pockets, will be tough comp for anybody.

Bout 4 years back bought a pair of Klim snowmobile gloves. I was not impressed. My Tourmaster gloves are warmer.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 04:51:50 PM »
SOP, was this recent?
Yes.  Thin leather inners and easily frayed lowers.  If I was doing gravel roads they may last a year.  As it was they were good for two days of training.  Just not a set good for trail riding.  Bummer $300 wasted.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 07:10:23 PM »
Wow thats surprising to hear pappy.  You think the price for pric Klims can compete?  Its the $849 adventure rally pants and $649 Badlands Pro thats been THRASHING the 'stitch market.  The BMW ADV crowd I shoot the BS with around here that have had both are all over the Klims is the only reason I posted that comment, and its no secret stitch's business is way down
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 07:19:16 PM »
Thanks Brent. I've got a client who's working on opening 4 mall kiosks around Atlanta with a techno product. These sort of stores usually surface around the holidays, too.
2014 C-14 Red

Son of Pappy

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 08:47:29 AM »
Steve, if the ADV crowd is out doing real ADV travel beyond the pavement and gravel roads they will come to grips that Klim has the look and feel but lacks any real substance and their customer service is essentially lip service.  Not a knock BTW, most who buy ADV bikes just dont venture that farr off road, what you have done on the 14 is probably their limit and there is nothing wrong with that.  I have relegated the Klim to teaching Basic Learn to Ride dirt classes when it's raining out, I do like the over the boot design and the Goretex (where they arent ripped) works as advertised and they are a good fitting set of pants.  For my travels I will be using the 'Stich I bought from TCro 3 years ago.  I don't have the jacket but my buddy does, no issues with that, but then again, it isn't in contact with the bike. 

To sum the Klims up, if a person is styling the DS go with Klim, if a rider is out on a real ADV trip rock the 'Stitch. 

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »
Steve, if the ADV crowd is out doing real ADV travel beyond the pavement and gravel roads they will come to grips that Klim has the look and feel but lacks any real substance and their customer service is essentially lip service.  Not a knock BTW, most who buy ADV bikes just dont venture that farr off road, what you have done on the 14 is probably their limit and there is nothing wrong with that.  I have relegated the Klim to teaching Basic Learn to Ride dirt classes when it's raining out, I do like the over the boot design and the Goretex (where they arent ripped) works as advertised and they are a good fitting set of pants.  For my travels I will be using the 'Stich I bought from TCro 3 years ago.  I don't have the jacket but my buddy does, no issues with that, but then again, it isn't in contact with the bike. 

To sum the Klims up, if a person is styling the DS go with Klim, if a rider is out on a real ADV trip rock the 'Stitch.

Thanks!