Author Topic: Bring on the "Smart Watches"?  (Read 8155 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Bring on the "Smart Watches"?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 03:32:06 PM »
I could use a blue dial of death on the cage drivers that try to kill me..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »
I could use a blue dial of death on the cage drivers that try to kill me..

Nah... you want the blue lasers of death.  ;D
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 03:39:33 PM »
Do we have a vid of the BDofD in action?

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
Do we have a vid of the BDofD in action?

:o

Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 04:34:35 PM »
 :rotflmao:   close enough

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 09:35:51 PM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2014, 11:25:11 PM »
Motorola gets in the game.  Nice digital picture of dated mechanical parts  ;D

Just an FYI- I have had this, the Moto 360, for a few weeks now.  It is pretty slick...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 06:34:07 AM »
Can you talk into it like Dick Tracy?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
Can you talk into it like Dick Tracy?

Sorta.  You can ask questions for searches, read and then dictate for sending text messages, but it doesn't support live calling or video conference.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »
I jumped on-board with the Ritot Watch campaign, and purchased them as family gifts. Since my family is aging,
all wear reading glasses, I thought this would be a great and unique gift, hopefully a welcomed one.. If not,
I'm out of some serious coin.. Oh, and I entered the campaign early, so I didn't pay the prices that are now listed. Whew!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ritot-the-first-projection-watch
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 10:32:42 AM »
Unless it completely replaces the smart phone I don't get it. My phone is with me all  the time. What's the point have having another smaller screen showing the same info as the phone?

For me the watch will be nice flashing text messages and email during meetings, without rudely having to grab my phone.

And on my bike it will perform infinite functions such as.......   oh nevermind  :-X   ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »
For me the watch will be nice flashing text messages and email during meetings, without rudely having to grab my phone.

It has been more useful than I thought, although I am not used to wearing a watch, which has been a challenge.

And on my bike it will perform infinite functions such as.......   oh nevermind  :-X   ;D

Yeah, the function it performs the most is vibrating to let us know there is something we can't possibly see happening on our wrist under the jacket and glove :)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 03:15:07 PM »

Yeah, the function it performs the most is vibrating to let us know there is something we can't possibly see happening on our wrist under the jacket and glove :)

heyyyy.....easy now on us that go squid mode once in a while and want to peek at a watch full of text/email/etc  :D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 05:56:58 PM »
heyyyy.....easy now on us that go squid mode once in a while and want to peek at a watch full of text/email/etc  :D

Well, just make sure to wear a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops to blend in.... oh, and also "hand-on-hip", if you know what I mean.  :)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 06:23:11 PM »
Well, just make sure to wear a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops to blend in.... oh, and also "hand-on-hip", if you know what I mean.  :)

yes sir ok i'll harder try to be a "proper"  squid from now on  ;D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 06:30:21 AM »
Now that I work for Apple, I'll probably get an Apple watch just cuz.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 04:18:47 PM »
Now that I work for Apple, I'll probably get an Apple watch just cuz.

That probably makes sense.