Author Topic: Windshield venting  (Read 2041 times)

Offline yoman

Windshield venting
« on: May 23, 2012, 06:04:54 AM »
While looking for something else, I came across some 1/2 inch black plastic plugs left over from another project. Then my ADD kicked in. I started looking at the Connie and thinking about drilling vent holes in the windshield. I could use the plugs to block the holes off in cooler weather. I know this has been done before. Is it worth doing? Are 1/2 inch holes large enough? Input please.

Thanks.
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
Re: Windshield venting
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:44:30 AM »
You might get the venting you desire but I believe the 'train whistle' sound you will be making is enough to affect dogs and humans alike.  :)
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline mdr

• Mark in Austin's C10 Tech Page
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 02:58:35 PM »
We're (so far mostly me) talking about the CeeBailey 'NACA duct' style vent and how to improve it over on the COG forum.  There's also a link to some preformed ones, but there are at least a couple around.

Not gonna duplicate it over here.  I'm expecting too much detail to do that.  The backfiring into the intake thread was enough to manage :D
Mark in Austin
'01 Concours, Vrooomm
My "Tech Page"
http://www.randols.net/Connie/index.html

Offline Lodogg2221

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:23:26 PM »
I cant imagine you will get much airflow, unless you drill a LOT of holes.

I dont know how it would work on the stock screen, but I have a GL1500 vent in my GL1200 screen on a Rifle base. 
TONS of air when I want it, none when I dont, well, except for the air from the Rifle vent. 
Say what?