Author Topic: Vista cruise throttle lock  (Read 14599 times)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: Vista cruise throttle lock
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »
I am trying to get a better idea of how you mounted it. Did you do it like I did in my pics on page 1? If so you have to make sure that the hole that the barrel screw goes thru is larger than the barrel. That lets it float so there would be no binding. You also have to make sure that the handgrips do not push on the VC either, otherwise you will also cause it to bind.

Offline Dan

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 09:54:53 PM »
Got it, thank you...  :D
 :)
Here is how I solved the binding...
1, sanded grip smoother, 2 between housing and cruise, I slipped the plastic washer in trimming for the screw.. fits very nicely.. 3. cut a tupper ware dish, please do not tell girl...  And made an exterior washer, looks pretty good.... and put a dab of silicone at the cruise foot, at 3 o'clock.. Working great now..  Ready for trip, going to have an ice cold one.. pretty much packed, all ready think I have too much and all ready put some back in the closet....  if it is too much I will drop it at a good will....lol
later ;D

Dan :)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 06:41:23 AM »
That was one other thing that I forgot. The plastic throttle has those ridges on it to help keep the grips from rotating. I had to trim those down flush where the VC was at to also allow for rotation.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 09:23:13 AM »
Guys last mod, stupid me decides, to put on a vista cruise.....  well...
I ground off the lip.... ok, then,
This is not working...  I screwed it it worked then it stuck again, did u put a washer between the vista cruise and the housing, or how did you keep a space in there, but then the srcew is thru there.....
So if anyone can help that would be great...

Ok, this is from memory so correct me if I err.
On my bike the Lever is at the upper rear corner of my throttle housing. Slightly above the level of the throttle.
When I did mine, on an 03,, I ground off the lip. This left a small arm sticking out.

_    Removed this lip.    l
    l                                                   +  hole drilled in arm
    l   Arm section                              l
    l                                                   l

I then alligned the arm with the corner at the lower front edge of my throttle housing. (There are no wires inside the throttle housing in this corner).
I drilled a small hole thru the arm and into the throttle housing. I later increased the size of the hole thru the arm to allow free movement.
I ground of the raised section of the throttle grip.
Installed Throttle Lock using tiny sheet metal screw.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Douginthesun

• '06 C10
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 01:26:24 PM »
GoCruise! http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html
Best 20 bucks I ever spent!

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 02:33:20 PM »
I then alligned the arm with the corner at the lower front edge of my throttle housing. (There are no wires inside the throttle housing in this corner).
I drilled a small hole thru the arm and into the throttle housing. I later increased the size of the hole thru the arm to allow free movement.
I ground of the raised section of the throttle grip.
Installed Throttle Lock using tiny sheet metal screw.

Ride safe, Ted

Sounds like what I did and showed in pics at the beginning of the thread.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 04:46:07 PM »
Agreed.
But we either used a different Vista Cruise, or we anchored the arm in different locations.
Result is, Your thumb bar appears near the bottom of the throttle and mine is at the top.

Clearly,,, "great minds think alike".. <grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 05:31:12 PM »
Was it made by Oldsmobile? (Sorry guys, just HAD to say it. I've been successfully resisting the urge for days.......) ;D
2014 C-14 Red

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2011, 09:05:10 PM »
It may be a little closer to the bottom but based on my previous experience it is closer to the original intent than with the lever at the top. You probably don't have any pics but if you did I would be interested in seeing them.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »
You just cant beat the AudioVox cruise that Murph sells. Why speed up going down hill and slow down when going up? Electronic cruise is the next 'must have'; right after hwy-pegs LOL
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline txfatboy

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »
I have both the Vista cruise (metal one with the bar) AND the Audiovox electronic cruise control. I use the throttle lock for slow speed around town riding and the cruise control for highway riding. I have the plastic vista cruise on another Connie and it worked great (before the engine died).
Woody
2014 V-Max
1991 Connie, 17 inch wheels,  ZRX1200 forks with racetech valves and brakes, zx9/ zzr1200 hybrid rear shock, 2 min mod and exhaust cam sprocket from SISF, tubular handle bars, hywy pegs, HID headlight and LED running lights.

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 11:08:33 AM »

:o

That's not good, first post I've seen about it breaking, thanks for letting us know...

Yep !!! Same here, I was just going to engage it when snap!!!, half was still stuck on the throttle and the other went flying, it lasted 2 weeks.
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....