Author Topic: Costco purchase program for Kawasaki  (Read 13482 times)

Offline cltsig

Costco purchase program for Kawasaki
« on: August 08, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »
I did a search but found no reference to the newly announced Costco Kawasaki purchase program.  Has anyone gone to the step to see the dealer selling price? 

http://www.costcoauto.com/kawasaki/default.aspx?cmp=kawa20110701&cmpc=1

Edit: Sorry mod's, meant to start this in the General C14 forum.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:50:53 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline BillW

Re: Costco purchase program
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:10:50 PM »
I did. It's not a bad program and really good for those who don't like haggling or searching for a deal. Fair pricing that wasn't necessarily the cheapest of the local deals I could find but very competitive. Helps cut through some of the bs fees some dealers try charging. I found a couple dealers that could beat price by a couple hundred after all said and done but it's a very easy program. I work for a Toyota dealer in Service and Parts but see several customers a month use the same program for car shopping. Hope that helps.
Bill

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Costco purchase program for Kawasaki
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:04:38 AM »
I did a search but found no reference to the newly announced Costco Kawasaki purchase program.  Has anyone gone to the step to see the dealer selling price? 

http://www.costcoauto.com/kawasaki/default.aspx?cmp=kawa20110701&cmpc=1

Edit: Sorry mod's, meant to start this in the General C14 forum.

Welcome to the forum.  Sounds as though this may be some valuable ammo while comparison shopping for a C14
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Gradall

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »
I got to the pricing part, I think it was 14.1 or  14.2 with no sales tax because they were an out of state dealership

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 05:43:38 AM »
I just got my Costo coupons yesterday.  On the inside of the back page, they are advertising the Kawasaki purchase program.

And the picture representing the program is a Concours!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 05:48:56 AM »
Most Excellent!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 08:09:04 AM »
I'm not opposed to picking a Concours out of a line between canned goods and kitchen utensils, but I can't imagine Costco's service department to be that good.

Offline GTRrob

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 08:13:36 AM »
I think it is pretty common for guys to find deals in the low 10,000 range at the end of the model year. For a completely unused bike. I love Costco, but vehicles can be bought cheaper if you can haggle. Do they give 2% to you for executive membership?

Offline Ga. Cycle Rider

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
I called them and asked for dealers in my area, Atlanta ga. They didnt have any. So I asked why would you guys send me a offer that no one in my area could sell.

I asked the phone rep to have someone with more knowledge give me a call. A guy who claims he was one of the plans top guys called. We discussed pricing that I had already found by going on flea bay and cycle trader. He informed me that he could not believe I could buy a neww 2011 c-14 for 13,000 because invoice was around 13,500.

I am in the wholesale car biz and had to explain to him that invoice doesnt mean jack sh*t and there were rebates and holdbacks and volume kick backs that dealers of all kinds of vehicles get.

I found it hard to believe that the guy who claimed to be "the man" on the kawy program did not understand the ins and outs of the vehicle biz.

I did find a dealer , mountain motorsports in Kodak Tn who offered me a new black 2011c-14 for 13,000 even with no junk fees. I however chose to drive a few more miles over to Sport cycles in Rockingham to score a silver one at 13,198 no junk fees. I felt that the silver was better looking and worth the extra 198.00.

Bottom line on Costcos deal...they were offering a $250 cash card after purchase. Where in the heck do you think that comes from. Mid air...I dont think so. All it was is a cheesy gimmick to entice you to let one of thier dealer contacts sell you the bike. What about costcos cut...dont think they do it for free. Do your self a favor and hunt out a better deal on your own. Now if you want a good deal on some paper towels or toilet paper give them a shout, as long as you need a bunch of it.
Riding big bore in line fours and v-4 hondas and such since 1976. Lost count of the miles, but it is more than 500 thousand. Currently in the garage...1999 vfr800, keeper forever. 2006 klr 650, forest road thrasher, 2011 C-14 ICBM.

Offline cltsig

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 03:46:07 PM »
I filled out the Costco request online on August 20th, got the email saying Ridenow Powersports Concord in Concord, NC 28027 would call. Never heard a word.  I'll probably go to Sport Cycles in Rockingham when I'm ready - hopefully they'll have some 2011's in stock.  Morons at the dealer near me in Rock Hill SC re still insisting on MSRP.  Sure....

Offline CB Schmaltz

• FLY RIDE SKI SAIL
    • www.BuyNWProperty.com
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »
I work in realestate. They ( costco) tried the same thing in realestate. No real savings, lots of red tape and condtitions.
Use it for deal making with yur local dealer. My friend at work likes bikes. She said the black ones are cool
BUT the red ones are HOT. Mines red. 8)
CB Schmaltz, Hood River, Or
503 806 1525
Connie 14, &  KLR best 2 bikes in the world.
Others in the stalls, VROD, WR250r,  Shadow Spirt, Versys 650, CRF250l, Vsrtom , 75 Z1B

Offline Ga. Cycle Rider

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 04:54:03 PM »
call kieth at Sport Cycles. he was advertising them @ 13498 but said 13198 would buy one. So I bought one from him.

There are no such things as freight and prep at a motorcycle dealer. its all smoke and mirrors.

I know. I have been there and done that.

Price sells vehicles and not much else.

How many times X 1,000,000 have you heard that " this sale

absolutley ends on some B.S. day"

When all the factories close the doors for business.....then maybe.

ANYBODY CAN BUY AT WHOLESALE IF THATS ALL THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY.
Riding big bore in line fours and v-4 hondas and such since 1976. Lost count of the miles, but it is more than 500 thousand. Currently in the garage...1999 vfr800, keeper forever. 2006 klr 650, forest road thrasher, 2011 C-14 ICBM.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 09:37:43 PM »
ANYBODY CAN BUY AT WHOLESALE IF THATS ALL THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY.

And they are willing to travel or pay for transport.  Just saying...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Ga. Cycle Rider

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 02:24:52 PM »
Traveling to buy a bike is a common issue when you live in Atlanta Ga.  The last 5 new bikes I bought were anywhere from 75 to 738 mles away. The 738 mile one was a 2005 FJR back when they were on that order program and not stocked. I had to go up the east coast to find a new one that someone backed out on since I did not order one.

The reason travel is not a problem for me is because I would rather drive a little and save a lot.

I do not ask how much one is, I research the bottom $ prices and then tell the dealer how much I will pay. The Atlanta area dealers always want to glaze my nuts and I am not into being sold a commodity item at a inflated price just because they are around the corner.

I buy parts over the internet and do all of my own service so if the local guy goes bye-bye, so what.
I saved $802.00 on the purchase from Sports cycles versus a local stealer. Add 48.12 in addl sales tax savings based on the lower figure, so 850.12 less about 80 bucks in fuel isnt bad for a days work when I had nothing else pressing at the time.

If one cant find the time or arrange the freight its fine to pay a little more for conveniance. Kinda like a C store. you pay more for almost everything you buy versus most other options but its quick.

When you are talking a extra 20 cents for a coke thats one thing, but when it adds up to almost a grand thats a little different story. Just think...with the money I saved by traveling I can get rid of that fuggly pipe or buy 3 sets of michelins.

Offline Barry

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 05:14:10 AM »
I found it hard to believe that the guy who claimed to be "the man" on the kawy program did not understand the ins and outs of the vehicle biz.

Had you talked to him about canned peaches, he'd have astounded you.
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.

Offline Ga. Cycle Rider

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »
Peaches could not have been more appropriate. Georgia, my location is the peach State. And that on its own is stupid because even though every danged street in atlanta is peachtree something or other, I have never seen a peach tree anywhere near me. I believe South Carolina has more peach farms than Ga.