Author Topic: Need Helibar c-10 Pic of throttle cable routing  (Read 2988 times)

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
Need Helibar c-10 Pic of throttle cable routing
« on: August 28, 2011, 02:34:16 PM »
I finally got around today to putting on my Helibars on my 06. Everything is good on the left side choke and clutch cable, harness and all.  Right side is good with the exception of the the throttle cables.  In the instructions they say route the t- cables down the backbone and to the right of the steering head.  I have done that but I am confused in the meaning of the back bone.  Do they mean just losely zip tie it to the back bone and it rest right underneath the tank? or go down the right side of the backbone underneath the frame tubes?    If anybody has any pics of the way yours is routed I would appreciate it.  Thx Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline tvpierce

• '99 Concours
Re: Need Helibar c-10 Pic of throttle cable routing
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »
I don't have Helibars, but have bar risers.  I routed mine to the right of the spine.  They go between the right coil and coil mounting bracket on the frame.
I don't want a pickle... I just wanna ride my motorsickle.

Offline elvin315

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »
You're welcomed to root through my albums. There are bound to be a few shoots that will help you.

http://www.pbase.com/elvin315/the_kawasaki_concours

Thousands of pix so get a beverage and get comfy.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:03:14 PM »
Here you go. Route down the front of the tube, then back and under the top bar mount tree and back to the carbs.
Hope this helps.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 04:56:11 AM »
Thx Gents for that much needed info.  Regards Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 07:52:13 AM »
Finally had some time this morning and got the T-cables routed correctly no binding ran them down the left side and underneath the back bone throught the triangle head brace and exit to the right side of the steering stem.  Again thx  for the input. Regards Steve
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:31:44 AM by sroby »