Author Topic: Question about Fuel Moto map  (Read 1829 times)

Offline jddetroit

Question about Fuel Moto map
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:18:40 AM »
I have an 08, to which I've done the following:
BCM Air filter
flys removed
Delkevic slip on
PV5 with Fuel Moto map (set up for my configuration..hopefully)

Now, my question is, has anyone had any lean/rich issues with the map provided by Fuel Moto?
I've ridden a couple hundred miles with this configuration, and see almost no carbon build up in the tailpipe.  I'm wondering if this is normal, or if I need to fatten it up a bit.  Seems to run ok, but I'm going to be taking a trip, and am concerned that she might be a bit lean for the long run.  Don't really want to pull her all apart, to check the plugs.  Wondering if I should request a fatter map from Fuel Moto, or just leave it alone.

Anyway, any input is appreciated.
thanks
JD
Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son.  I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man.  As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.
-Frank Costanza

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
Re: Question about Fuel Moto map
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 05:06:11 PM »
Why do you want carbon buildup???

I don't have their map, but if it runs OK, I would expect it is OK.

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline sixshooter

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 05:37:22 PM »
I have the fuel moto map on my PCV with a Two Brothers slip on, BMC filter and flys on. I have no issues with their map and the bike is running great. Oh by the way it's an 09.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 06:15:38 PM »
Can you not read your map through the pcV software?

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 09:43:59 AM »
sixshooter...im looking at that same setup for my 2013, did you see any performance gain or just more audio from the pipe? Im assuming "flys on" means you didnt remove them?