Author Topic: SMH10 code 4.1.1 (supposedly fixes some audio bugs)  (Read 6065 times)

Offline rush2112

• Arena
Re: SMH10 code 4.1.1 (supposedly fixes some audio bugs)
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »
Sena's came in and got them installed. It came with the latest version users guide. Maybe someone can help clarify an issue if I'm missing something here.

Here's the scenario I am wanting: iphone directly paired for phone and streaming music; separate pairing with Zumo 550 for voice prompt directions only. If I'm reading the manual right, it says with the latest version I can do this exact setup since it will now support "multipoint pairing". It paired up easily and I thought successfully.

Took a ride and the streaming music from the iphone sounded great. The test call was also great. I hit the "home" button on the Zumo to test the voice directions. It paused the music and the voice prompt worked well. The problem is, after the first voice prompt, the streaming music never returned. It was still going on the iphone, but the headset never picked it back up.

Am I misunderstanding the capabilities of the unit? User error? Your thoughts?
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 04:25:52 AM »
Holy crap!!! Those earbuds are $725 dollars!!! They better freakin sound good!! They also better pleasure me in many other ways other than just sound for that kind of money.  :o

:D a little less at the motorcycle show.  My wife had the same reaction since i "forgot" to tell her. ;) thanks guys for the feedback on music sound quality.

Joel

Offline CrashGordon

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 09:53:43 AM »
Rush, (love the name and avatar by the way)

I've had that happen a couple of times. Not sure what's going on and I have mine set up completely different than you. I have my phone BT to the Zumo 550 and the Zumo BT to the Sena. I have my iPod wired directly to the earbud adapter. I do this so I have phone book and call out capability through the Zumo, but still have stereo music since the Zumo can't BT stereo. For me the problem was intermittent. I still haven't figured out why it happened but it hasn't happened in a while.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »
since the Zumo can't BT stereo.

The Zumo 550 can't BT tunes in stereo?  ??? :o

Wow, for that much $ I just assumed it did...  Does the Zumo 660 BT tunes in stereo?  ???

Offline CrashGordon

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »
Don't know about the 660, but the manual for my 550 says stereo through the headphone jack only.

After a little research, it appears that the 660 does have stereo BT.