Author Topic: Cycle Gear A ++++++++++  (Read 5846 times)

Offline F-106

Cycle Gear A ++++++++++
« on: June 25, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »
Two years ago I bought a new RF-1100 helmet to replace my five year old RF-1000. Lately I was having a problem with the left side of the shield sealing up and I was getting a tremendous amount of noise inside the helmet. Today I took it over to Cycle Gear store were I bought it to have the base plate adjusted. The counter man worked it for 15 minutes and gave up. He came out and said " Bill, go pick out a new helmet and we will replace it no charge" They did not have a black one in stock so I got a white one. I can not say enough about those guys. They bend over backwards for the customer!!
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline anycleavers

Re: Cycle Gear A ++++++++++
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:35:52 PM »
Where?
"Always take the long way home."

Offline F-106

IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 06:59:36 AM »
I bought a gloss black helmet from them online.

The gloss black helmet came in a box for a flat black helmet, the tags were torn off and the Bluetooth charger and reset key were missing. The helmet had smudge marks and finger prints all over it. It was obviously a floor display and wasn't cleaned or checked for completeness before it was shipped to me.

I contacted cyclegear and notified them of the situation. They eventually sent me a charger but no reset key.  I contacted them and asked about the reset key.  They said that the manufacturer didn't carry them any more.  I contacted the manufacturer and they said that they would send me the key.

Overall, this has been an unsatisfactory experience. While they partially took care of the issue they seemed disinterested in the fact that I was sent a dingy helmet. They failed to send me a complete helmet as I had paid for. I feel like I paid retail price for a used helmet

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 09:17:27 AM »
I bought a gloss black helmet from them online.

The gloss black helmet came in a box for a flat black helmet, the tags were torn off and the Bluetooth charger and reset key were missing. The helmet had smudge marks and finger prints all over it. It was obviously a floor display and wasn't cleaned or checked for completeness before it was shipped to me.

I contacted cyclegear and notified them of the situation. They eventually sent me a charger but no reset key.  I contacted them and asked about the reset key.  They said that the manufacturer didn't carry them any more.  I contacted the manufacturer and they said that they would send me the key.

Overall, this has been an unsatisfactory experience. While they partially took care of the issue they seemed disinterested in the fact that I was sent a dingy helmet. They failed to send me a complete helmet as I had paid for. I feel like I paid retail price for a used helmet
You did.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »
I've only had excellent experience with Cycle Gear here in Raleigh NC.  great people and knowledgeable about bike.  They've given some good and realistic advice.  Super service.  In my view they have gone above and beyond to help me. Online too !!!

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 09:42:47 AM »
Where?
Here is the link. http://www.cyclegear.com/index.cfm

It's a risky business to interpret another's question, so I'll just repeat it with an explanation.

Where?...as in which Cycle Gear store did you receive this excellent service? (City and street) Since
not all of us have received that sort of service (A+++..) from Cycle Gear, you would be doing those near you a favor
if you could tell us which location it is. You would be doing the store a return favor as well.   :) Thanks.

Offline F-106

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 09:52:50 AM »
Thanks Fartymarty. It would help others, here is the info for the store:
[Cycle Gear Store #12 
Dan - Team Leader
4455 N. Blackstone Ave

Fresno, CA 93726

(559) 221-7600

quote author=fartymarty link=topic=2045.msg23010#msg23010 date=1309102967]
It's a risky business to interpret another's question, so I'll just repeat it with an explanation.

Where?...as in which Cycle Gear store did you receive this excellent service? (City and street) Since
not all of us have received that sort of service (A+++..) from Cycle Gear, you would be doing those near you a favor
if you could tell us which location it is. You would be doing the store a return favor as well.   :) Thanks.
[/quote]
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 12:00:11 PM »
Thanks, I wish there was one in IL. The nearest is St Louis, 5 hrs, one way.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »
Cycle Gear is the worst place to shop for anything, service beyond horrid.

Cycle Gear = K-Mart of motorcycle department store shopping. Although the 16 year old kids they hire can usually spell "motocross" correctly  8)

How about the uber-cheap house brands such as "Frank Thomas", not my brand for race suits and such!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline timmerz

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »
Cycle Gear is the worst place to shop for anything, service beyond horrid.

Cycle Gear = K-Mart of motorcycle department store shopping. Although the 16 year old kids they hire can usually spell "motocross" correctly  8)

How about the uber-cheap house brands such as "Frank Thomas", not my brand for race suits and such!

Well, don't want to sound like a Walmart kinda guy here, although I guess I am, we shop there once every 2 weeks, the wife has a list of stuff she gets there cheaper than anywhere else...but I'm riding with a Frank Thomas armored jacket (3x) that fits perfectly and is not wearing at all that I can see....Winter riding is done, but rain riding is avoided, had the jacket 2 years now...sold a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket with a couple of worn/unravelled seams to get it, too...

Offline F-106

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 02:01:25 PM »
I am sorry some of you have had problems with Cycle Gear. The guys they have working here in Fresno are older guys, late 20's early 30's. Our store here leans to more the street riders than dirt. I guess it is like anywere you go. You have good stores and bad ones.
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 03:19:09 PM »
Yeah, but to have a place where you can go and try on gear and check it out first hand, and buy it if you like it, is invaluable.

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 03:51:46 PM »
I am sorry some of you have had problems with Cycle Gear. The guys they have working here in Fresno are older guys, late 20's early 30's. Our store here leans to more the street riders than dirt. I guess it is like anywere you go. You have good stores and bad ones.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
America's Seaplane City
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline F-106

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 04:03:36 PM »
I understand, we went 20 years before they came to town. The local motorcycle dealers did nothing to stock items jackets, gloves and other things riders need. You had to order everything from them. It was a damn joke.
Yeah, but to have a place where you can go and try on gear and check it out first hand, and buy it if you like it, is invaluable.
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline bikerhawk

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 11:11:22 PM »
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That made me crack up too!  If it made this forty-something laugh, I can't even imagine how the more, uh, "weathered" folks here reacted.

BTW, my Cycle Gear experience:  online, fine.  Local store, between ****-poor and irresponsible (more on that later).

The ****-poor part: just your typical order something, get backordered but keep me in the dark, promise to call me back but never do kind of deal.

The irresponsible: a few days after my final time in the local store, I ran into a riding buddy at a different store.  He told me he had just come from Cycle Gear, looking for some new riding gear with his SO.  One of the workers there thought riding pants weren't needed and said to them, "Jeans really are the best thing you can wear while riding."  Needless to say, they left immediately.

"You can't teach stupid."
Tom Hunt - COG #9207
Lawrence, KS - Kansas AAD
1998 C10, 102k miles (mine), 1994 C10, 35k miles (wife's), 2002 Super Sherpa

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 06:57:07 AM »
I've only had excellent experience with Cycle Gear here in Raleigh NC.  great people and knowledgeable about bike.  They've given some good and realistic advice.  Super service.  In my view they have gone above and beyond to help me. Online too !!!

Cheers
Ron

Agreed, the guys here in Raleigh, NC have always been good.
...and a good time was had by all.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »

That made me crack up too!  If it made this forty-something laugh, I can't even imagine how the more, uh, "weathered" folks here reacted.

BTW, my Cycle Gear experience:  online, fine.  Local store, between ****-poor and irresponsible (more on that later).

The ****-poor part: just your typical order something, get backordered but keep me in the dark, promise to call me back but never do kind of deal.

The irresponsible: a few days after my final time in the local store, I ran into a riding buddy at a different store.  He told me he had just come from Cycle Gear, looking for some new riding gear with his SO.  One of the workers there thought riding pants weren't needed and said to them, "Jeans really are the best thing you can wear while riding."  Needless to say, they left immediately.

yup, thats it right there
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »

hijack on

Hey Tom, long time, no hear. Hope things are going well, you headed up to NC Triplefest? I  may(?) put in a cameo appearance, not sure of the scheduling yet. We are past due to kill a few brain cells in a joint effort.

/hijack

:chugbeer: :chugbeer: :chugbeer:
America's Seaplane City

Offline bikerhawk

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 10:41:16 PM »
hijack on

Hey Tom, long time, no hear. Hope things are going well, you headed up to NC Triplefest? I  may(?) put in a cameo appearance, not sure of the scheduling yet. We are past due to kill a few brain cells in a joint effort.

/hijack

:chugbeer: :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Hiya Steve,

Yeah, we're waaaay overdue, aren't we?  Not sure about Triplefest--my only window for a good trip this year is from the 3rd to the 10th, and I was really thinking about going SE this year.  If you're thinking about a beer & cheese run, though, maybe we can meet up somewhere along my route and buzz on up.  Plans are still shaky, got lots to hit--leave Sun noonish, Talimena in OK/AR early Mon, Natchez Trace Tues afternoon, maybe the Dragon area by the end of the day Wed.  Then it's either the long way back to Oz by Sunday the 10th or cruise up to WI (the REALLY long way).

Hit me with a PM or ring the phone @ seven eight five, seven six oh, one four three six.
Tom Hunt - COG #9207
Lawrence, KS - Kansas AAD
1998 C10, 102k miles (mine), 1994 C10, 35k miles (wife's), 2002 Super Sherpa