Author Topic: Jumpy , grabby clutch. Gone! (oil thread?)  (Read 27621 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Jumpy , grabby clutch. Gone! (oil thread?)
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 11:37:55 AM »
A "higher" risk, not a "high" risk. In fact, there is virtually no risk unless the engine is passing a lot of oil out the exhaust (i.e., severely worn and obviously smoking).

ZDDP does have the ability to plate the catalytic metals in a catalytic converter but the other side, flat- tappet engines, such as most motorcycles and specifically the C-14, benefit from the extreme pressure aspect of ZDDP, which is why it is there in the first place.

Brian

Actually it is not recommended for motorcycles since it contains phosphorus levels beyond 600-800ppm range, therefore it is not recommended for gasoline vehicles with catalytic converters due to high risk of damaging emission controls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_Rotella_T
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 07:39:58 PM »
My next oil change I plan on trying T6.  Its cheap enough that if it doesn't work out I will dump it and go back to what I have been using but it seems like enough people are using it with success that I am going to jump on the band wagon.  The clutch action after a couple of thousand miles will tell the story.

Fred

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2015, 08:26:20 PM »
ROTELLA T6!  108,000 miles and counting.

SteveJ has over 238,000 miles on his C10. He runs Rotella plain (non-synth) in the winter, and Rotella T6 in the summer.

I lubs the mad pow-ah of KiPass mixed with the awesomeness of Rotella  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 05:25:36 AM »
Now it's starting to be a real oil thread  :thumbs:  :chugbeer:

Yay!!!  Oil thread!!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 06:47:50 AM »
Poseidon Adventure comes to mind

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

elp_jc

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 01:27:21 PM »
For the same reason I don't use a car tire on a motorcycle, I don't use car oil either. You can save the paltry amount to use the right stuff by giving up a hamburger or two (your health will thank you too), and never worry if you're using the right oil or not. Just saying ;). Mobil1 Racing 4T 10/40 here, but any motorcycle oil is better than any car oil IMO.