Author Topic: Oldie.. But newbie to the C-14 ! HELLO?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline emulvaney

• Mr.Ed ? Yes WILBURRRR
Oldie.. But newbie to the C-14 ! HELLO?
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »
Good evening from Greenville, S.C.  I purchased a used 2009 Black ABS from a local dealer for (wholesale price 8k)  last Wednesday.. Spoke to the original owner who has several big bikes in his garage. He traded the C-14 with 5,000 miles to the local Victory dealer in February. It has a V&H CS One and a power commander, both I'm familiar with from my road racing days..new Bridgestone BAttleax S/T's ..  It lacks the K&N air filter. He currently owns a Goldwing, Rune? and Victory 8Ball.. He's like us.. A lifer biker!

I've owned : 1974 Indian MX-74cc (new as a kid), XR-75, 1977 Honda CB-125 (1st street bike) a 79?Kawi 900ltd, used..

Joined the Navy in 1980, roomate had a CB750 custom.. out in 1983 to the reserves.. VFR-500, in 1984, road raced from 1984 thru 1996 with that, Ninja 600, VFR700, CBR900rr, RC-51, and then got old... into the Harley seen.
1999 Dyna Super, 2000 Fatboy, 2001 Road King and 2002 Electraglide w/ 117' motor! Sold it all in 2005.
Been bikeless since.. until last Wednesday !!!!  I rented and came close to buying a 2005 Ducati ST-3 in the past 2 weeks... until I checked on tune-up costs.. So I went to the local internet (the red-net in S.C.)
Wholly ****! Did I get what I wanted ? YES!!!! (I've been telling my brother.. if I buy another bike it will be a Sport Touring and likely a C-14 since I liked my bags on the Harley's.  even the 117" motor generated 110 hp. and 120 ft. lbs. torque.. but not my bag .. if you know what I mean. (Poser's?)

I love this cream puff! it's modified just as I would have (less the K&N and steel braided lines)  It had the 2" drop pegs (now available to anyone who wants them) as I had trouble with there width, they are about 1 1/2 wider than stock.
Owner was very receptive to my call.. He gave me all the records of oil changes and mods dates..

The local Kawi dealer is also Honda and Yamaha and the sponser of my race bikes for years so service will be done (if needed) by my brothers there. I'm happy to join this group.
Here's to my sore legs and ass ... I rode all weekend :)
I guess I should renew my 14 years... expired AMA membership?
Ed

Ed
"Fast Eddie"
(Not Fast Eddie Lawson)
More like Fast Freddie Spencer

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Oldie.. But newbie to the C-14 ! HELLO?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:48:43 PM »
Must have been traumatic back in '05.

Offline emulvaney

• Mr.Ed ? Yes WILBURRRR
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 06:49:05 PM »
Love the picture...
Ed
"Fast Eddie"
(Not Fast Eddie Lawson)

Offline emulvaney

• Mr.Ed ? Yes WILBURRRR
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 06:52:26 PM »
I wish it were not so... bikes went with the house and wife of 23 years...  Life is much easier now. My girls are 24 and 19.. both sucessful and I'm stuck on a new 11 acres and still wonder .. should I have bought a Mutlistrada?

Naaaaa   I pounded my buddies..over 400 miles.. this weekend
Ed
"Fast Eddie"
(Not Fast Eddie Lawson)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 08:48:27 PM »
Congrats and welcome Ed!  :chugbeer:

Offline emulvaney

• Mr.Ed ? Yes WILBURRRR
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
Thanks Guys... I love this new bike!  New to me !
Ed
"Fast Eddie"
(Not Fast Eddie Lawson)

Offline emulvaney

• Mr.Ed ? Yes WILBURRRR
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 06:43:15 PM »
I forgot my favoite bike... until now, my 1991 CBR600f2 which covered my wall with racing plaques!
Ed
"Fast Eddie"
(Not Fast Eddie Lawson)

Taff

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 07:45:01 PM »
Good evening from Greenville, S.C.  I purchased a used 2009 Black ABS from a local dealer for (wholesale price 8k)  last Wednesday.. Spoke to the original owner who has several big bikes in his garage. He traded the C-14 with 5,000 miles to the local Victory dealer in February. It has a V&H CS One and a power commander, both I'm familiar with from my road racing days..new Bridgestone BAttleax S/T's ..  It lacks the K&N air filter. He currently owns a Goldwing, Rune? and Victory 8Ball.. He's like us.. A lifer biker!

I've owned : 1974 Indian MX-74cc (new as a kid), XR-75, 1977 Honda CB-125 (1st street bike) a 79?Kawi 900ltd, used..

Joined the Navy in 1980, roomate had a CB750 custom.. out in 1983 to the reserves.. VFR-500, in 1984, road raced from 1984 thru 1996 with that, Ninja 600, VFR700, CBR900rr, RC-51, and then got old... into the Harley seen.
1999 Dyna Super, 2000 Fatboy, 2001 Road King and 2002 Electraglide w/ 117' motor! Sold it all in 2005.
Been bikeless since.. until last Wednesday !!!!  I rented and came close to buying a 2005 Ducati ST-3 in the past 2 weeks... until I checked on tune-up costs.. So I went to the local internet (the red-net in S.C.)
Wholly ****! Did I get what I wanted ? YES!!!! (I've been telling my brother.. if I buy another bike it will be a Sport Touring and likely a C-14 since I liked my bags on the Harley's.  even the 117" motor generated 110 hp. and 120 ft. lbs. torque.. but not my bag .. if you know what I mean. (Poser's?)

I love this cream puff! it's modified just as I would have (less the K&N and steel braided lines)  It had the 2" drop pegs (now available to anyone who wants them) as I had trouble with there width, they are about 1 1/2 wider than stock.
Owner was very receptive to my call.. He gave me all the records of oil changes and mods dates..

The local Kawi dealer is also Honda and Yamaha and the sponser of my race bikes for years so service will be done (if needed) by my brothers there. I'm happy to join this group.
Here's to my sore legs and ass ... I rode all weekend :)
I guess I should renew my 14 years... expired AMA membership?
Ed

Welcome to the house of farkles, oops meant to say forum house  ;D ;D