Author Topic: C14 Police Bar Risers  (Read 18836 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: C14 Police Bar Risers
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2012, 08:32:47 PM »
I need to say this on this thread too....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If it gets to 14 I will make it 15!

Tomorrow is payday. Get off your wallet!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2012, 09:25:22 PM »
Even though Jay has got older, I don't think he has grown up much.

Why thank you!!  ;D

More protection for less money, tried and tested time and time again by 5.0. Even though Top Blocks look good I think the MCE gives the bike more character and they are practical. I am sure this is way to much for Jay to comprehend already so I will stop here.

Spend less money??  ???  Does not compute?? I thought the point of farkles was to spend as much as you can??

Good luck with that. I will have already taken care of business and be ready to hit the road again by the time you show up at stops.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:o  Oh no you didn't!!

Offline MalibuKen

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 10:10:52 AM »
Here is a picture of the second taillight/brake light.  It comes with the harness to tie into the factory harness (some soldering required). The two small LED's can be amber or red.

Be aware folks, in some states it is not legal for amber "running" lights on the rear of a non-emergency vehicle. 
I for one have run amber rear lights on my last 4 bikes without any issues in Oregon and California, but some others have been pulled over here in California.  Just a heads up. :)

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2012, 11:05:30 AM »
Be aware folks, in some states it is not legal for amber "running" lights on the rear of a non-emergency vehicle. 
I for one have run amber rear lights on my last 4 bikes without any issues in Oregon and California, but some others have been pulled over here in California.  Just a heads up. :)

Good info and definitely something to think about.  I did not know ambers could be illegal.

Offline wendel

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 11:40:48 AM »
I believe the intention is that at night the ambers lightup the front and red light the rear, so in limited visibility, you are able to determine the front and rear of a vehicle, trailer, etc and direction it is traveling if it is crossing in front of you.
2012 C14

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »
I believe the intention is that at night the ambers lightup the front and red light the rear, so in limited visibility, you are able to determine the front and rear of a vehicle, trailer, etc and direction it is traveling if it is crossing in front of you.

Makes perfect sense now that you say it.  Well the LED's can be red also.  It would be possible to make amber work as turn signals if need be.

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »
Hmmmm that locking AR15 mount would allow me to take the bike when I go to the range  ;D

I do secretly want that rear plate from with lights, don't think my wife would go for me swapping the hyperlites out for it  :(

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2012, 04:25:50 PM »
Be aware folks, in some states it is not legal for amber "running" lights on the rear of a non-emergency vehicle.    I for one have run amber rear lights on my last 4 bikes without any issues in Oregon and California, but some others have been pulled over here in California.  Just a heads up. :)

I don't believe amber lights are legal on the back of non-emergency vehicles, in ANY state, except as blinking turn signals.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Cuda

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »
If you guys have any needs or Ideas give them a call ,
They will be starting a web   site for the aftermarket farkle group.
Randy is first class.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »
Ordered a set of 4" risers, the only ones that fit `09, and I'll post a couple pics and a write up after they arrive...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 09:01:10 AM »
I like the idea of the 3 inch riser that brings the bars back to the rider 2 1/2 inches. Might have to get a set

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 02:37:25 PM »
I like the idea of the 3 inch riser that brings the bars back to the rider 2 1/2 inches. Might have to get a set
We are introducing these to the civilian Concours riders for model years 2008 to current and have all in stock now. (2008-09 can only use the standard 1 3/4 inch and the 4 inch bar risers due to glove box on the fuel tank)

Joe,
 I think you have an 09 so the above would apply to you.

Offline bubfryder

• 2009 C14
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »
Eagerly awaiting your review Mal.. get those things mounted and let us know what you think.

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2012, 10:39:06 AM »
We discovered that the 4" bar risers we offer don't work on the non abs bikes since the front brake hose is too short.  We will see if we can't find a solution to this.

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »
Eagerly awaiting your review Mal.. get those things mounted and let us know what you think.

As c14p builder said, I need a longer brake line. I'm exploring the local options, but if all else fails I'll get a 'Spiegler's patented stainless steel braided brake line' from Murph.

I can tell you that the fit is very nice and I was very pleased with the finish, it's much more than just polished aluminum, at least it looks that way! I can't tell you how well they work yet, as the bike is apart until I get the brake line re-installed. I do have the risers and bars installed, and I've test-felt them sitting on the center stand, they seem to be a big improvement. I'm hoping to get the brake line replaced on Saturday, and take a nice long test ride on Sunday. I'll keep you posted...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 08:36:52 PM »
Went to NAPA and they were able to extend the center section of my brake line. Someday I'll spring for some braided lines...

Once all the lines and cables were run, the risers kinda blended right in. They are not as obvious as I was afraid they would be.

The risers are a vast improvement for me. I was a lot more comfortable on our ride on Sunday. I really liked the more upright seating position. We rode about 5 hours and I didn't have the normal aches and pains.

I've included a few pictures of the install.

`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

Offline Ddfee

• Be the person your dog thinks you are
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
Into like the idea of the 3 or 4 inch risers...but I am paying $525 this weekend for a custom built seat from Rich's motorcycle seat in Wahington state.  Oh well all in good time. 

Hey Mal did that Corbin arrive yet?

Dave
2011 C14
2003 Honda GL 1800
2000 Honda Blackbird
IBA Member

Offline wendel

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »
I like the idea of the added height of the risers also. The price is stopping me so far.

C14 Builder, how about a group buy?
2012 C14

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2012, 03:20:54 PM »
Into like the idea of the 3 or 4 inch risers...but I am paying $525 this weekend for a custom built seat from Rich's motorcycle seat in Wahington state.  Oh well all in good time. 

Hey Mal did that Corbin arrive yet?

Dave

Oh damn! Yes it did. It arrived on Saturday, so I took it on the test ride on Sunday, and then I got distracted.... Sorry bout that!
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2012, 05:41:19 PM »
Well?