Author Topic: Changing Fork Fluid  (Read 6104 times)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
Re: Changing Fork Fluid
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 07:58:05 AM »
Mine were very snug as well, including the new ZX14 forks. I had to spread the clamps and use light oil to lube and still it took a lot of force and twisting.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 08:45:08 AM »
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to leave this one alone? Do you?  :-X

Mine twisted out and the new ZX forks twisted in with nothing but firm (yeah, I know) hand pressure. Didn't even need both hands (yeah, I know.... still). In fact, when the forks would not move any more, I looked up at the top triple clamp to see how much further they had to go and to my surprise, they were through the clamp a bit too far.

Brian

<snip>

I had to spread the clamps and use light oil to lube and still it took a lot of force and twisting.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 09:17:03 AM »
Yep, had to spread em with a screw driver to get them installed.  This has been a messy project from start to finish.  As I using the syringe to set the level on the last fork, I pulled it entirely out of the cylinder...fork fluid all over.  Glad I got three bottles of it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.