Author Topic: Clackamas - the story we haven't heard - YET!  (Read 1407 times)

Offline jamiemac

Re: Clackamas - the story we haven't heard - YET!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:38:44 PM »
Yup. Good chance the shooter would have kept on going, if He hadn't been confronted. Glad the Young man didn't have to take the shot. Wish the dirtbag coward had offed himself first.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »
The media is kinda funny that way, just think if the shooter didn't see a barrel pointing at him, he might of emptied a few clips before eating one himself..
Good post, and glad that a news team had the guts to air this story. If more citizens kept their composure and level head thought process, as this young
man did, this country could be better off.
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 09:37:32 AM »
I saw that story when it aired locally here (I watch KGW news, as I consider them one of the best).  I've always thought we should encourage concealed carry permits, and encourage or require additional training for people that may find themselves in situations like that.  I believe it would reduce the body count in the long run.

Just think if 1 in 10, or even 1 in 20 had a concealed weapon and was properly trained on it's use in public shooting situations.  In a crowd of 300+ (like the Colorado theater), or a mall with 10,000+ (Clackamas Town Center), look at how many people these nut jobs would have to face that could be shooting back.  That would be a serious deterrent to future would be copy cats.

I would even go so far as requiring 1 or 2 anonymous people in each school (teacher, principle, or other faculty member), for places that don't have on campus security.  The eye witness reports from the Connecticut school shooting said they heard gun shots for over ten minutes.  In that amount of time, if someone were on campus and armed, they could have intervened.

Limiting clip sizes, or banning types of weapons is not a solution.  It only takes a couple seconds to pop in a new clip.  When no one is threatening them, they have all the time in the world.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »
I sent this email to all three of our local major TV stations regarding this:

http://www.examiner.com/article/media-blackout-oregon-mall-shooter-was-stopped-by-an-armed-citizen

Why is it that the television news media doesn't report ALL the news, including how this action by a legally armed civilian affected the outcome of the mall shootings in Oregon??

This man's actions probably saved many lives, but none of the TV stations reported on it.  Why is that?  Why do you always slant your coverage to support your own anti-self-defense agenda?  Why is news that you don't think is in line with your own views buried so people don't see it?  I guess it's true when they say, "Journalism ain't what it used to was."
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.