Author Topic: Evolution of the food stamp program.  (Read 9498 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Evolution of the food stamp program.
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:08:03 AM »
I'm at a loss of what to say about this.
http://youtu.be/yznFsCFulLY

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: Evolution of the food stamp program.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 04:46:53 AM »
Any wonder they're broke? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 05:14:39 AM »
I've always maintained that you have to be a complete and utter moron to go hungry in this country. They got their cell phones, cable TV and money for cigarettes though huh?
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 05:21:27 AM »
I've always maintained that you have to be a complete and utter moron to go hungry in this country. They got their cell phones, cable TV and money for cigarettes though huh?
I would understand feeding complete and utter morons. The people in the add were not 'traditional'
poor. What 'bothers' (too gentle?) me is that this administration has made 'food assistance' a normal enough part of American life and have gotten enough people hooked on it that there is enough profit to be made to support a private enterprise.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 05:32:25 AM »
So who's "traditionally" poor? Thats a loaded reply huh?  ;D I know what you mean, also, who is the ad aimed at?  So folks living in the suburbs in driving SUV's need assistance? Believe it or not, yes, I see it every day at work.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:37:47 AM »
It's gone way beyond need.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 05:41:45 AM »
I will agree to that. The more people are in need of Gov't, the more Gov't can control them. Haven't we seen that before?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 05:56:19 AM »
...sigh... everyday Boss, everyday

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 06:08:11 AM »
Mothers seem to love the place

"It's so much easier and faster for me to shop at Mother's!"
- Karla of Perris,CA

"Mother's Nutritional Center is quick and easy to get what you need. I am able to avoid long grocery store lines, which is great!"
- Anonymous Customer from Perris, CA

"At Mother's Nutritional Center their friendly staff does the shopping for you and they help you to your car, what can be better than that?!"
- Anonymous Customer from Baldwin Park, CA

"MNC is an excellent place to go if you receive food vouchers. They help you out to your car and their service is excellent."
- Sally of Ontario

"They are very friendly and have great customer service!"
- Carrina of Fontana

"This store saves from the embarrassment of going to a chain store. I have found that the chain stores frown upon women who present their vouchers. I feel more comfortable in coming here since it cater's to those who use food vouchers."
- Elsa M of Santa Ana

"The staff are always very friendly and helpful. The service is quick, and then if you like, they'll help you to the car with your groceries. Overall, you can't beat the convenience and ease of shopping here with your Food Vouchers!"
- Elizabeth H of Pomona

"Mother's Nutritional Center has all state approved foods on the food voucher program, so mom's never have to experience another frustrating trip to the local market. The people working at this store are some of the friendliest people in town. Not only did they ring me up (and offer me a free gift just for shopping there) but they offered to walk my groceries to my car. You've got to try it!"
- Monica M of Los Angeles
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 06:13:27 AM »
Ummmm...so they actually shop for you and provide short term day care.  How F'n awesome is that :o
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 06:17:30 AM »
Ummmm...so they actually shop for you and provide short term day care.  How F'n awesome is that :o

Wouldn't want to burden the mothers with that work
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 07:46:55 AM »
Hmmm.. California the bastion of self reliance, freedom from government interference, fiscal responsibility and social responsibility.... NOT!!

Just another example of the feds ( taxpayer money) indirectly bailing out a state that has policies that will drive away businesses ( except for Mothers of course) and will ultimately bankrupt the state). Now the recipients of food "vouchers" don't even have to shop or transport their (our) purchases to their car. What next...in home chefs??
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 07:47:59 AM »
Who needs a father when the government can take his place (with his money).
Enjoy the Decline.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 08:15:02 AM »
You do realize that this is a private company and not the government providing the store front?  And from what I can gather on the 'Net, it's only in CA.  The government provides the vouchers and they can be redeemed at any grocery store that accepts them.  What I don't understand is how this private company can make any money doing this unless their costs are extremely low.  I don't know how the voucher system works, though, as far as recouping actual money to the grocery store owners, themselves.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 08:24:15 AM »
The fact that a private company can make enough profit from food stamp sales alone is deeply troubling to me. I assume, knowing how assumptions can turn out, business' that accept 'vouchers' get reimbursed at full retail from the fedgov.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 08:29:33 AM »
With the HUGE amount of time saved by shopping at Mother's it seems that some mothers are going to have a lot of extra time on their hands. Instead of watching the ID channel maybe these mothers can look for a job or perhaps clean their house?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 08:40:07 AM »
This is the new business model. Gotta hand it to the owners of this business. Why appeal to an ever-decreasing consumer base in the private market when you can get gov’t money recycled into profits. No worries about the cost of o-care, etc. A steady, ever-increasing clientele. No “shame” for “independent” single moms who don’t need a man around.
AND the gov’t candidate with the most promises of freestuff get power and make us pay.
This is great. I wish I thought of it.

Offline Leo

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
I am one of the lazy slugs "mooching off the system".  I earned 6 digits for over 15 years.  One business I opened employed 70 union journeymen.  I payed LOTS of tax in my life.   My 401k was invested "safely" in US gov securities, $270K down the toilet.  I also earned a pension.  A federal Bankruptcy judge released Daimler from paying me.  More of what was mine down the toilet. 

I have had 5 heart attacks since January 2012.  I worked until Nov 2012, often two jobs. My employer was unable to accommodate my physical work restrictions.  My real interest was going to the mission field.  Because of obvious health reasons, the mission board will not send me anywhere. 

In Jan 2013 I started receiving  $111.00 per week on unemployment.  That ends in 4 months.  I have been turned down for SS disability, something I paid the max on for multiple years.  I paid private long term disability insurance premiums for years.  Cigna insurance says I am not disabled either. 

I have interviewed 4 times for jobs that were well within my skill set and experience.  No company will even consider having me on payroll due to insurance problems.  The Not for profit world where I spend a lot of volunteer time loves my work but has no money to meet my needs.  Their insurance company will not allow them to take on my health liabilities either.

A middle age man who owns a home and has a little savings left that the government has not stolen,  does not qualify for any of this gravy.   It is really frustrating to see videos like this.
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Son of Pappy

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 09:12:11 AM »
Unemployment insurance is not "mooching" off the system, provided of course you have paid into the unemployment insurance program.  Which I would say is obvious that you did.

I hope this program stays in Kali, keeps the rifraf where it belongs.  Anyone willing to bet this store is subsidized with federal $$?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 09:12:46 AM »
This is not just a net vid. This is a teley ad running in the LA market.