Author Topic: A.I. curious?  (Read 1457 times)

Offline roadkoan

• Arena
  • Some are as the river, some are as the rocks.
A.I. curious?
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:04:01 PM »
Hey all, I heard this piece today on RadioLab (WNYC) (clickey. clickey) on NPR and it blew my mind.

All about A.I. and how we interact with it.
I grew up on Arthur Clark and the Three Laws. As well as the development of Data on Star Trek, not to mention the Matrix films and plenty of other such.

It's an incredible program. This is not the first show that had me shushing my S.O. so check out the archive while you are there. I'll bet you will not be disappointed.
'02 C-10

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A.I. curious?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »
You're such a kid....E.E. Doc Smith was my hero...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 07:23:09 PM »
Interesting show. If you have not seen this http://www.singularity.com/ I highly recommend it. Some think it far fetched. I don't.  I think you can watch it on Netflix if you have that.
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 07:41:35 AM »
Hey all, I heard this piece today on RadioLab (WNYC) (clickey. clickey) on NPR and it blew my mind.

All about A.I. and how we interact with it.
I grew up on Arthur Clark and the Three Laws.

Isaac Asimov wrote the Three Laws of Robotics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics

I grew up with him, Heinlein and 'Starship Troopers', Hebert and the 'Dune' series, and best (for me) of all, Gordon R. Dickson and the 'Dorsai' series of books.
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
I'm re-reading the Dorsai series now....  I still have tons of those books in paperback down in the basement.  Not much of a Bradbury fan but Moorecock, Vance, Niven, Aldiss, Farmer, and all the old ones of the 60/70s.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.