Author Topic: 2nd Amendment folks hitting up Starbucks on Valentines Day?  (Read 5049 times)

Offline rush2112

• Arena
2nd Amendment folks hitting up Starbucks on Valentines Day?
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:01:51 PM »
This anti-boycot is spreading around the net pretty well. Was going to put this in The Range forum, but it said no politics. Mods remove if not appropriate here.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/10703-anti-gun-group-to-boycott-starbucks-on-st-valentines-day

"Massad Ayoob, a well-known writer and supporter of the Second Amendment, agrees: “This Valentine’s Day I’m gonna drive my sweetie the twenty-something miles to the nearest Starbucks and scarf up a Yuppie coffee, or a hot chocolate, or a boutique muffin, or whatever. It’s about showing solidarity with an entity that stood up against an attack on our freedoms."
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Son of Pappy

Re: 2nd Amendment folks hitting up Starbucks on Valentines Day?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:45:03 PM »
I reckon I need to get me some Starbucks, for me, the misses, my buddy Rich, my son, and a cup for Pappy, grande of course.  How to accessorize?  Kimber or XDM?  Both should do nicely and since it's such a fine establishment I will belt on the Python.
Thanks for the heads up.  I wonder how long the lines will be?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 09:46:51 PM »
I go through the drive-thru several times a week, and yes my gun is typically in plain sight. 8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline r2t2

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:44:30 PM »
NGAC... Sounds like the sound a cat makes when coughing up a hairball. The gut running it sure has some twisted "logic". Hmm... So maybe we should ban cars. I've had some people using them as a multi-ton weapon and they're not even protected by a Constitutional Amendment! What a maroon! 
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 03:05:58 AM »
I go through the drive-thru several times a week, and yes my gun is typically in plain sight. 8)

You need to zip up your pants, then.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 03:10:15 AM »
If it stays civil, it can stay here.....I think.  I may get overruled, but maybe not.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 05:03:11 AM »
How to accessorize?  Kimber or XDM?  Both should do nicely and since it's such a fine establishment I will belt on the Python.

Good question... Sounds like you've got things covered! I will be sporting my ever so fashionable Kimber Crimson Pro Carry. I will layer over that with either my newest 2nd Amendment T-shirt, or maybe my stunning yellow "Don't Tread on Me" T. Even in Texas, got to keep it covered!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 05:07:01 AM »
I'm in! I will definitely make a point of going to both Starbucks in my town on Valentines day.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 06:50:09 AM »
I'm planning to go 20 or so miles out of my way for coffee that day.  And I'm going to be certain to tell the folks behind the counter exactly why I did so.  Maybe even specifically ask for the manager.  Hopefully, many people will also do that and it will get back to corporate.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 08:08:14 AM »
I will go ahead spend $6 on a cup'o joe.  I will be sporting my new G27 that just had a set of Ameriglo Pro I dots put on it.  I just hope the orange doesn't clash with my outfit.   ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 08:15:44 AM »
I will go ahead spend $6 on a cup'o joe.  I will be sporting my new G27 that just had a set of Ameriglo Pro I dots put on it.  I just hope the orange doesn't clash with my outfit.   ;D
Since real men wear pink, the orange should be fine ;)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 07:25:11 AM »

What......get the Americano, it is pure espresso and is quite cheap and yummy!!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 07:27:56 AM »
I don't ever go there, and theres one right in my town, but for this, YES, I'll go, thanks for the heads up on this.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 11:18:11 AM »

What......get the Americano, it is pure espresso and is quite cheap and yummy!!!!

I'll take a look at the menu and see which coffee my purse dog would like better.   Everyone knows that nothing goes better with a sidearm than a little, yappy dog.  ;D

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »
I'll take a look at the menu and see which coffee my purse dog would like better.   Everyone knows that nothing goes better with a sidearm than a little, yappy dog.  ;D

Walk in with a Pit or a Rot.....that would be interesting. :rotflmao:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »
Walk in with a Pit or a Rot.....that would be interesting. :rotflmao:
That would take a rather large purse.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
Hit Starbucks 6:30AM this morning sporting my Kimber Crimson Pro Carry, concealed though...
Only thing showing was the belt clips of my Crossbreed Supertuck!
Made sure the workers knew why I was supporting Starbucks on this day!