Author Topic: "Five-Minute" oil change  (Read 10376 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: "Five-Minute" oil change
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 07:12:11 AM »
Almost makes the K&N filter with the nut on it worth the price. But I've never had a problem because I always change it myself and never over do it putting it on.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 08:26:52 AM »
Almost makes the K&N filter with the nut on it worth the price. But I've never had a problem because I always change it myself and never over do it putting it on.

I'd say more than just almost. Besides, the K&N costs less than the stock filter (depending on where you buy them of course).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:35:50 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 10:41:11 AM »
I'd say more than just almost. Besides, the K&N costs less than the stock filter (depending on where you but them of course).

I wouldn't know, I've never bought a Kawasaki filter or whatever the stock filter is.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 10:54:03 AM »
I've only did the 1 oil change. (@ 500 miles) So I'm a newbie.
Getting the stocker off was no fun, but finally came off.
I opted for the K&N because of the nut on it.

Reading this discussion makes me think I made the right choice...

Ride safe, Ted

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 03:15:10 PM »
Been using this strap wrench for years to get the stubborn ones off.  Works for many different applications.

I tried using a strap one just like that on the Concours and could not get it to work.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc